Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Games on demand prices?

• 02-09-2009 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Are microsoft deliberately trying to be uncompetitive?

First off they launch all the game and movie on demand updates yet still charge way over the odds for disk space, the price of xbox hard drives is way beyond reasonable (along with everything else microsoft related).

The games on demand thing seemed like a great way to make some cash, no packaging to pay for and shops to keep running, yet still charge 30 euro for an ancient title? What am I paying extra for here, some reject to upload a dvd to live?

Proper pricing and I'd be all over it like a bad smell. If only there was some kind of competition out there in this area (roll on "onlive", don't think apples effort will deliver any kind of value).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

we all hear ya. old games that cost 30 euro that cost half or less everywhere else and huge amount of disk space needed to DL is nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

While the GoD feature is good, the prices sure as heck ain't. Just as better off searching the used games bin in your local and getting three for €30!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

i think the reason for this is because people who dont want to go to a shop to get a game and always want the ability to have it aslong as they have an xbox live connection and hard drive they can redownload it.

if games were cheaper then in the shops nobody would buy them and by the ones online most of the time. which would then make shops stop selling them. i doubt microsoft would want that.

30 euro is way to expensive though. 20 is more like it.

Advertisement