Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying first boat

Options
  • 02-09-2009 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi everyone, I'm looking into buying a boat for the first time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would be using it for fishing mainly. looking to spend about 6k. Don't have a clue about mooring costs, or launching it, what type of boat would suit etc. I would be using it around the dalkey dunlaoire area.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

are you going to moore the boat or launch every time you go?
    the reason i ask is some boats are easier to launch,

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lenny78

I was guessing mooring costs would be fairly high, so maybe launching every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Gunth

Have you considered that the last few summers have been quite poor for boats? I have often considered one myself but on the advice of people who own them they have been very disappointed due to fact that the weather has been pretty much rubbish. One positive though is that the East coast might be much calmer than the South coast where the people I know have them. If you work Monday to Friday this only leaves the weekend for getting out. Sorry for sounding like a damp squid!(terrible I know :rolleyes:)

Advertisement