Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boys School Donnybrook - 3 piece suits?

Options
  • 02-09-2009 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what school in Donnybrook has a 3 piece suit as a uniform? Schools are back here and just realised that some of the people milling around the place I'd mistaken for accountants are in fact about 14 years old.

They're all out the laneway beside my office at the moment smoking and looking for all the world like a group of bold confirmation kids

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Anyone know what school in Donnybrook has a 3 piece suit as a uniform? Schools are back here and just realised that some of the people milling around the place I'd mistaken for accountants are in fact about 14 years old.

They're all out the laneway beside my office at the moment smoking and looking for all the world like a group of bold confirmation kids

I'm not 100%, but think it may be John Scottus school? It's there along Morehampton Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 velvets-rule

Hate to admit it, but that was probably me smoking. I smoked beside offices in my suit when on my lunch break. And yes, I was a student at John Scottus, but don't get me started on that place.

Your fined 25 euro if your caught having a smoke.

Is your office behind the Donnybrook Fair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

John Scottus brainwash the children with religious fundamentalism don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭donaghs

I've heard a lot of differing opinions on the place. Anyone who went there care to explain what the place is about?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Black Dog

Expensive smokes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

So illegal underage smoking only has a fine of 25 quid?
    thats pretty light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

So illegal underage smoking only has a fine of 25 quid?
    thats pretty light.

What do you want them to do if it's off school grounds? In most cases on school grounds it involves a fine + suspension, can't speak for all schools though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

John Scottus is that a posh proddy school??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

fryup wrote: »

No its a hedge school

• Registered Users Posts: 22,319 ✭✭✭✭Esel

No, it's an 'edge school
    FYP

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

No its a hedge school

a hedge school whats that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

No its a hedge school
    witty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

philstar wrote: »
    a hedge school whats that??
    Hedge schools were outdoor Catholic schools when other Catholic schools were banned here hundreds of years ago... The sort of time when when you could refer to "posh proddy schools" without sounding like a total doofus

RMD wrote: »
    What do you want them to do if it's off school grounds? In most cases on school grounds it involves a fine + suspension, can't speak for all schools though.

expulsion.

Though that kinda explains why I'm not a principle :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

expulsion.

Though that kinda explains why I'm not a principle :pac:

No, you're not a PRINCIPAL because you can't spell! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Seems to me that he can spell but made the mistake because principal and principle are homophones.

Back on topic, the boys could possibly have been from Sandford Park School.

no word spelt wrong there, just a wrong word. But I'm not an english teacher either so don't give a fook

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fryup wrote: »
    pwd wrote: »
    The sort of time when when you could refer to "posh proddy schools" without sounding like a total doofus

ah come on now, any school that has a 3 peice suit as a uniform has got to be posh proddy

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Tut tut....

But bitch slapped & owned here...
    no word spelt wrong there, just a wrong word. But I'm not an english teacher either so don't give a fook

Lilybarlean don't ever come here correcting people's spelling, or indeed their grammar again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

It could have been any school,
    FYI MOST SCHOOL HAVE A 3 PIECE SUIT ANYWAY

Once they were not wearing air max nike runners, you'll be Ok OP

• Advertisement

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    It could have been any school,
    FYI MOST SCHOOL HAVE A 3 PIECE SUIT ANYWAY

Once they were not wearing air max nike runners, you'll be Ok OP

or 5 piece

shirt
    tie
    jumper
    slacks
    shoes

:pac:

or 5 piece

shirt
    tie
    jumper
    slacks
    shoes

What about the blazer?

or 5 piece

shirt
    tie
    jumper
    slacks
    shoes

whatever stevo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

3 piece suit would have been pretty cool in school. Better than a scratchy wool jumper at least. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Gyalist wrote: »
    Seems to me that he can spell but made the mistake because principal and principle are homophones.

Back on topic, the boys could possibly have been from Sandford Park School.

No they either wear a jumper or blazer- it's not three piece.

Piste wrote: »
    No they either wear a jumper or blazer- it's not three piece.

I know that it's not a three-piece suit but my son is a student at Sandford and he often wears both jumper and blazer.

John Scottus wear a navy blazer and grey marl jumper so I don't see how that could be mistaken for a three-piece suit either.

Depending on where in Donnybrook the OP saw the boys it could be either of
    John Scottus, Sandford Park, Gonzaga or St. Conleth's.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scifi77

Putting a three piece suit on a young lad. Talk about setting them apart. What kind of notions is that giving the young fellows? Some of these little guys could be thinking they are a cut above perhaps, purely because of what they are wearing, not because of their ability. I wore a school uniform but I would have been mortified if I had to parade around in a 3 piece suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scifi77

It would also be interesting to know what the fees are for this particular establishment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

scifi77 wrote: »
    Putting a three piece suit on a young lad. Talk about setting them apart. What kind of notions is that giving the young fellows? Some of these little guys could be thinking they are a cut above perhaps, purely because of what they are wearing, not because of their ability. I wore a school uniform but I would have been mortified if I had to parade around in a 3 piece suit.

most the schools around d4 are 3 piece suit schools. i went to conleths, there was a 3 piece suit option, not many wore it, was mainly the junior school wearing it, john scottus in general wore it alot more

• Advertisement

scifi77 wrote: »

Well statistics don't lie my friend and most of those guys will end up in suits anyway, so they might aswell get used to being better that guys running around in tracksuits etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement