Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rye Hall...? As bad as it looks from the outside??

Options
  • 02-09-2009 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

I went up the other day to have a nosey peep through the wondows... first of all I got all excited when i saw them... then realised I was looking at the River aprtmnts!

So I wandered over to Rye and frankly was a teeny bit disappointed...? I suppose I'm happy, I got a bed, a roof, a toilet (I dont mind sharing with someone else) etc etc...

But can someone tell me what they're really like?? My boyfriend is in River so I might just mosey on over there and squat during the day

(squatting sounds so rude...):p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Ah they're not great I'll admit but it really does depend who you're living with. If you room mates are clean and everyone looks after the place and keeps it in order then you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭morning-glory

i was there last year, not a bother with them at all. I was dreading it after what i'd heard about them but they're grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

i was there last year, not a bother with them at all. I was dreading it after what i'd heard about them but they're grand!

i was hoping that id hear something like that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I love Rye hall....goodbye 22 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

TBH, I've never lived on campus, but I know people who have lived in all three complexes.

Generally, the reviews were mixed an all three, leading me to believe it has alot to do with who you live with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Looks like something out of the Soviet Union to be honest, I try avoid looking at Rye Hall. The apartments themselves are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yes, they are prison cells!

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Looks like something out of the Soviet Union to be honest, I try avoid looking at Rye Hall. The apartments themselves are fine.

prison cells???

what have i gotten myself into!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Ahh firsties, you're so impressionable. I had a house in River for first year, moved off campus for the next three years. It's down more to the people you live with than the actual place you live, whether on campus or off.

Ahh firsties, you're so impressionable. I had a house in River for first year, moved off campus for the next three years. It's down more to the people you live with than the actual place you live, whether on campus or off.

that's what i was thinking! but now im paranoid that il get someone who leaves the toilet seat up, or leaves pubes on it, or leaves their spat out toothpaste in the sink or leaves dishes in the sink or hairs in the plug..... i swear im not ocd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Not so much the toilet seat up, but pretty much everything else on your list bugs the crap out of me. But hey, you've got a voice and as long as the folks you're sharing with are grand enough you either won't have to deal with those issues or you'll be able to change their ways to keep the harmony. Welcome to living with other people ;)

Advertisement