Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5.3.0 (other or undefined mail system status)

• 02-09-2009 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

What exactly does this mean?????. When sending an email from a vodafone account i get the below delivery notifcation. It was not spam jus a simple message.

'- These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server:
    xxxxxxxx@hotmail.com; Failed; 5.3.0 (other or undefined mail system status)

Remote MTA mx1.hotmail.com: network error

- SMTP protocol diagnostic: 550 SC-001 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation problems. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help. Email/network admins, please visit http://postmaster.live.com for email delivery information and support

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

It's probably because your email address, domain or IP address is registering as SPAM.
    Quite common.
    I'd contact Vodafone and while your on to them ask them nicely to sort out their webtext.
    Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Siob185

Thanks for that but I've sent messages before to the web address and they went through no problem. I thought maybe it was due to recipients inbow being full, could that be the case? (or maybe i was blocked haha - no that def isnt it though)
    Vodafone mail is a mess..i just use it because the texts on new messages is v useful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Well you see you are getting the error from Hotmail not Vodafone.
    And you get that reply / error when you trigger Hotmail's spam filter.

because the texts on new messages is v useful

Very useful allright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Siob185

I see. Its funny how it triggered it today and yesterady it was fine. Theres no attachments on the email so i dunno wats triggering hotmail spam filters. I may just contact vodafone n complain, doubt I wil be the first.
    Thanks a mil for ur reply

Advertisement