Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tux for a debs

• 02-09-2009 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34 spraticus

I was wondering if there are any tailors or suit stores where i could get a good, well fitted suit for around 300/400 mark

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

You can get good for alot less than that. I got my in Next for 150 euro, looks good. I saw some nice Ben Sherman ones for €200+ Debenhams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Unless you are planning to get lots of wear out of it I would go for a cheaper one or even rent. Try Black Tie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

My boyfriend got one in Marks and Spencers for about 150 quid! Lovely tux and great quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Miaireland wrote: »
    Unless you are planning to get lots of wear out of it I would go for a cheaper one or even rent. Try Black Tie
    +1 on this. Unless you will have 3 or 4 events a year then a Tux is an extravagance you don't need yet. As you are going to a Debs I assume you are still quiet young and your body will still be changing shape so a tailored suit is also not really a good investment yet as you will be getting it altered every year or so.
    Rent, or buy second hand, or check out Debenhams or M&S.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    +1 on this. Unless you will have 3 or 4 events a year then a Tux is an extravagance you don't need yet. As you are going to a Debs I assume you are still quiet young and your body will still be changing shape so a tailored suit is also not really a good investment yet as you will be getting it altered every year or so.
    Rent, or buy second hand, or check out Debenhams or M&S.

Renting a tux makes little to no sense, tuxes cost approx €80 to rent, and if you spill anything on it, add €30 for dry cleaning.

Tuxes can be bought for less than 2 rentals, and most people will end up wearing their tux more than once. My brother bought a brand new, brand name Tuxedo in The Suitable Company on grafton street last week for €160 including adjustments. He's guaranteed to wear it twice, at his girlfriend's debs last week, and his own debs in 4 weeks time.

Seriously OP, do not bother wasting money renting a tuxedo when you can buy one for less than two rentals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement