Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation in Lisdoonvarna

• 02-09-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Am desperately trying to find accommodation in Lisdoonvarna for 4 people for 2 nights on 25th Sept - the only problem is everywhere is booked out! I can't even seem to find a campsite (last resort).

Does anyone have any ideas?

Where is the nearest town to Lisdoonvarna?

Thanks all...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

All the hotels will be booked out by now! Try the hostel, it is amazing! Pure luxurious! www.sleepzone.ie. Am thinking of heading there myself on the 26th.
    It is the one called 'the burren' or 'the cliffs of moher' but it is slap bang in Lisdoonvarna. I have stayed there a few times and had a ball, and the bar never closed all night!

If you have no luck with that your best option would be Doolin, literally a few miles up the road from lisdoon, fab location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Maybe you are just trying booking on the net? Try making a few calls to b&b's, they might put you in the right direction.
    I find it hard to believe that every bed is gone allready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Most of the hotels will say they're booked out on the phone because they're trying to keep the rough crowd away. If you turn up and are respectable looking you'll probably find a room handily enough. If you've no luck with the hotels you're sure to find a b&b, there's loads of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭bannerbhoy

jollygood wrote: »
    Am desperately trying to find accommodation in Lisdoonvarna for 4 people for 2 nights on 25th Sept - the only problem is everywhere is booked out! I can't even seem to find a campsite (last resort).

Does anyone have any ideas?

Where is the nearest town to Lisdoonvarna?

Thanks all...
    Ennistymon 6 miles down the road and loads of taxis knockin about or try Doolin 3 miles west of there

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭jollygood

honestly, all B & Bs, hotels are booked and only 1 bed left in the sleepzone... will keep trying though...

What do you mean by a rough crowd btw? Didn't think the place would attract a rough crowd at all....

Thanks for all your help...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Did you ring sleepzone? Had a look on the site, there are dorms available. Book the 5 bed on the fri night. on sat only 10 bed available. Book out both.

fri night would cost 100 euro, sat night 200 euro. 300 euro between 4 people for 2 nights. Still not bad!

we had to book a 10 bed between 6 of us. 200 euro between 6 is grand. The rooms are lovely and all ensuite. I used to live and work in Lisdoon and people book their rooms a year in advance. They will book for sept 2010 this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭bannerbhoy

jollygood wrote: »
    honestly, all B & Bs, hotels are booked and only 1 bed left in the sleepzone... will keep trying though...

What do you mean by a rough crowd btw? Didn't think the place would attract a rough crowd at all....

Thanks for all your help...
    They probally mean it being "The Rutting Season" in Lisdoon things can get a bit helter skelter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

You get all types in Lisdoonvarna in September. Seriously, drive up and ask in a few different places. You should definitely find a place, if not in Lisdoonvarna, in Doolin.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

I never book in advance for accomadation, but in all my years of going up there i never failed to get accom.
    A few times i got to share.:D

Come on up and enjoy the craic,You will definately get accomadation.

Advertisement