Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tuition Fee Help?

• 02-09-2009 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I went to college in Waterford I.T a couple years ago and completed First Year but didnt return for 2nd year, as I am going back to college next week into a new course does anyone know if i will have to pay fees on top of my reg fee?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

and anyone know when you have to pay these fees(tuition)? i think i've to pay them this year but i'm not sure when i have to pay them by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Danielle E wrote: »
    I went to college in Waterford I.T a couple years ago and completed First Year but didnt return for 2nd year, as I am going back to college next week into a new course does anyone know if i will have to pay fees on top of my reg fee?

I flunked down in UCC and only had to pay the reg fee in carlow, i think it may be important if you passed the year down in waterford too, best thing to do is ring the college to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 15 annie_m

It depends. I did a cert course left after 1st year and returned after 5 years to do a degree course. I did not have to pay fees because it was a different quilifaction and something to do with the 5 years gap. Ring the admissions office and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Danielle E

I rang the admissions office earlier today and she said ill just have to wait till registration day to find out whether i will have to pay fees. I completed 1st year and passed 1st year exams just didnt go back to 2nd year and that course was a degree course, the course i am starting next week is Higher Certificate.

ughwavey.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭cono121

Hi guys. I was in a similar situation last year. I was doing DT354, a level 8.

Then a dropped out/withdrew from this course to do CW407, a level 7.

Since they're different levels i was not liable for tuition fees.

Example where not liable:
    level 8 ---> level 7 or level 6 [No tuition fees]
    level 7 or 6
    > level 8 [No tuition fees]
    However if the change is repeated more than once, you are then liable.

Example where liable:

level 8 ----> level 8 [Tuition fees]
    level 7 or 6

> level 7 or 6 [Tuition fees]

Hope this helps guys.

cono121 wrote: »
    Hi guys. I was in a similar situation last year. I was doing DT354, a level 8.

Then a dropped out/withdrew from this course to do CW407, a level 7.

Since they're different levels i was not liable for tuition fees.

Example where not liable:
    level 8 ---> level 7 or level 6 [No tuition fees]
    level 7 or 6
    > level 8 [No tuition fees]
    However if the change is repeated more than once, you are then liable.

Example where liable:

level 8 ----> level 8 [Tuition fees]
    level 7 or 6

> level 7 or 6 [Tuition fees]

Hope this helps guys.

Alright con, did you pass your exams?

Andrew from 407

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭cono121

Alright Andy! Yus i did, barely, lowest was a 42%. But i still managed to get into 2nd year.

How did you do??

cono121 wrote: »
    Alright Andy! Yus i did, barely, lowest was a 42%. But i still managed to get into 2nd year.

How did you do??

ah yeah passed all right, at this stage if i didn't pass i might as well just give up all together cos i've tried nearly every other course in Carlow, "the drop out kid" they call me
    talk to ya

Advertisement