Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drumree road closed -Dunshaughlin?

Options
  • 02-09-2009 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭

I notice that the road that goes through Drumree between Dunshauglin and the Dublin Road is closed (due to the M3 works, I suppose) Anyone know the quickest way to get to Dunshaughlin from Trim with this road closed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Well from looking at the map, perhaps I should have done this before posting, it looks like I need to go via Dunsany and Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 xuza

Just go to the roundabout straight after that turn and the new road is open and it will take you directly into Dunshaughlin! Saves the roundtrip via dunsany/tara!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

xuza wrote: »
    Just go to the roundabout straight after that turn and the new road is open and it will take you directly into Dunshaughlin! Saves the roundtrip via dunsany/tara!

Thanks, I was hoping to find no-one had read this message (or at least not have replied to it) as I discovered that the new road was open on my way home. Didn't spot it on the way there unfortunately :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

Does anyone know if there are any plans for this magnificent new road bypassing Drumree to be extended beyond the Trim Road to the N4 at Kilcock ?

Had occassion to use the current main road cart path to Kilcock and the N4 this morning, sustaining a dented wheel from a pothole that nearly took the car off the road cart path, and a nice scrape down the side of the car from a protruding branch hidden in overgrowing grass a couple of miles further on while trying to squeeze past an oncoming tractor. And found the roads cart paths into Kilcock were closed, has the whole town finally disappeared down a big pothole ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Omcd wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are any plans for this magnificent new road bypassing Drumree to be extended beyond the Trim Road to the N4 at Kilcock ?

Had occassion to use the current main road cart path to Kilcock and the N4 this morning, sustaining a dented wheel from a pothole that nearly took the car off the road cart path, and a nice scrape down the side of the car from a protruding branch hidden in overgrowing grass a couple of miles further on while trying to squeeze past an oncoming tractor. And found the roads cart paths into Kilcock were closed, has the whole town finally disappeared down a big pothole ?

Are you talking about the Trim to kilcock road? If so I dont know what you are talking about as I reckon it is a good road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

No dixiefly, Omcd is talking about the R125 road from the R154 junction (Cross Keys) to kilcock, this road "cart path" is really bad from the R156 junction (Mullagh Cross) to Kilcock.

GeneHunt wrote: »
    No dixiefly, Omcd is talking about the R125 road from the R154 junction (Cross Keys) to kilcock, this road "cart path" is really bad from the R156 junction (Mullagh Cross) to Kilcock.

Yup, that's the one. I'd really love to see it get the same bypass treatment as the road through Drumree, which was mostly a decent enough road. The size of that Drumree bypass is huge, the lanes are twice the width of the new/temporary/whatever N3 road that was built between Bracetown and the Trim roundabout, so it looks to me like its intended to be part of a bigger road system going places rather than just a local feeder road for the M3, but I fear that might only be wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Yes I agree with you, the width of one lane on that new stretch of road bypassing Drumree is wider than the whole width of than road to Kilcock. I also agree with you about the Kilcock road been “part of a bigger road system” and I think if there is a plan to upgrade the R125 all the way to Kilcock it would start from the roundabout of Drumree bypass at the Trim road end and it may even bypass Culmullin. The Mullagh cross junction needs to go too as it’s a very dangerous junction to cross the Summerhill road (R156).

The new road you mentioned above between Bracetown and the Trim roundabout is not a temporary road, this road is here to stay. It’s currently the N3 but will be renamed once the M3 opens.

That junction across the Summerhill road is absolutely lethal. It's not too bad coming from the Drumree direction but I never take it now from the Kilcock direction after having several near misses with speeding cement lorries who dont seem to realise its more or less a blind crossing, mind you in fairness to them I take a detour and come at it from their direction and from that direction it doesn't look as if its blind for traffic emerging from Kilcock, its a real strange one.

Advertisement