Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vienna

• 02-09-2009 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Have to travel to Vienna for a business trip.Due to flight times I will arrive in Vienna at 11.30am on day one with a meeting at the airport on day two at 10.30am.My questions are as follows

Do I stay in an airport hotel and travel into the city to see the sights or do i stay in the city and travel back to the airport to my meeting the next day.Also if you had so little time in the city whats the best thing to see
    Thanks for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Go to the Museum district if you have any interest in art. They have large Schiele and Klimt collections in the main art gallery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

Check out schonbrun palace- amazing grounds.
    Prater for the famous ferris wheel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Vienna has too much too see!

If you see one thing, make sure it's the Hunterwasserhaus, which is a piece of art in itself.
    The war museum is definitely worth a look if you want to learn about the Austro-Hungarian empire, or WWII.
    There's an interactive music museum too, which covers the vienese greeats (Mozart, Beethoven, Strauss) in great detail, again, if you're into this stuff that will take an afternoon.
    And if you just need to relax, take a stroll along the banks of the danube by the wheel...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

Vienna is just a fantastic city to wander around for a few hours, you don't have to see anything specific IMO, just enjoy the sights. It's a really beautiful place, not as expensive as many people make it out to be, with a lot of nice bars and cafes.

The museum quarter is a really nice place, there's a big park there full of people just hanging out and sitting on the grass (although when I was there it was over 30degrees).

I'd reccomend staying in the city centre if you are watching additional transport costs, as trains etc are quite costly. Also you'll be missing out on a lot if you have to spend your evening in the vicinity of the airport, as Vienna is a good place to go out for a beer at night, or again for an evening stroll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

It is worth going to the Demel Bakery behind the Hofburg palace. It has the most wonderful area of Pastries and cakes.

It is a nice experience to have a slice of Sachertorte and a coffee at the Cafe Sacher. It is an historic Viennese coffee house in the Hotel Sacher.

• Advertisement
Advertisement