Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Perlenbacher Beer 6x500ml 4.9% bottles €4.99 in lidl until 6/9/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

rubadub wrote: »
    Usually €7 for 6 which is also a good price. I have yet to find somebody who didn't like it.

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.wfo.p.GermanPils

This beer is awesome, really good

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Excellent price, must grab some later.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Aye tis a dacent beer alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

That's great - I always get this. Must stock up while it's cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Yeah I posted about this in someones Lidl Budweiser 1.49 a can post and didnt get any response! Quite surprised I was! Picked up 36 for €30 today think I might get some more before the weekend just to be sure ;)

Awesome beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Usually €7 for 6 which is also a good price. I have yet to find somebody who didn't like it.

Cool - it's a Reinheitsgebot (according to Lidl) which means it's veggie friendly.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Cool - it's a Reinheitsgebot (according to Lidl) which means it's veggie friendly.:D
    I am not so sure about that, there could be traces in it.

http://stason.org/TULARC/food/vegetarian/2-18-Is-beer-or-other-alcoholic-beverages-vegetarian-vegan.html
    2.18 Is beer or other alcoholic beverages vegetarian/vegan?

Finings are substances often added to beer (especially British beer
    or "bitter") or wine during fermentation to help clarify out
    particles and yeast, leaving the finished product clear. Finings
    are not present in the finished product in any significant
    quantity, their purpose is to settle out of the product, not stay
    in suspension. OTOH, if a chemical analysis were to be performed,
    there would probably be a few molecules of a fining agent still to
    be found. Some finings are animal derived, the most common are
    isinglass, made from the dried swim bladders of sturgeons, gelatin,
    egg or blood albumin (in wines) and caseinates (from milk, also
    used in wines). However many non-animal derived sources also exist,
    the commonest ones being bentonite (clay), Irish Moss (a seaweed),
    silicon dioxide and polyclar. Beer brewed according to the
    Reinheitsgebot (German purity law) is not prohibited from using
    finings since it was generally assumed that finings were not
    present in the finished product.

Animal products are also sometimes used to alter the flavour of the
    wine/beer or control the head on a beer. See the rec.food.drink.beer
    FAQ for more details (where a lot of this has been stolen.-)

Most spirits/mixers are suitable for vegans, common exceptions
    include some vodkas (may be cleared through bone charcoal) and
    Campari (contains cochineal, an insect derived colouring).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Cool - it's a Reinheitsgebot (according to Lidl) which means it's veggie friendly.biggrin.gif

Quaffing a pint of it as I type. Dunno for sure about the veggie claims but there are definitely no lumps of meat floating in it. Quite a palatable beverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

squibs wrote: »
    there are definitely no lumps of meat floating in it.

:D Very true! Nice beer ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

It is a decent beer for the price (considering it is in a bottle and not a can), but i think it is very average.

Tyskie for 1.79 a bottle (5.6%) is more up my street:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Nice price :) I'll pick up some this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

nice tip. never tasted this before but well impressed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

mag wrote: »
    nice tip. never tasted this before but well impressed!

Stocked up last night:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I didn't like it - I bought it the last time it was on offer - never again :(

greendom wrote: »
    Sorry to rain on your parade, but I didn't like it - I bought it the last time it was on offer - never again :(
    Fair enough, first one, and I would still regard it the most accepted beer I have ever had, these threads are usually endless posts of how it tastes like utter piss. What beer would you ordinarily drink? Do you think the taste is too strong or what? Other drinkers of your usual might not want to try it either

I know a few budweiser drinkers who admit they do not actually like beer and only drink to get drunk, and have bud since it is so flavourless. Most of my mates will turn their noses up at the drinks I like saying they taste too beery/strong.

moonboy52 wrote: »
    i think it is very average.
    That is why I think it is so widely accepted. The next on my list of beers I find people would take if nothing else was on offer is heineken. Many would also say it is piss there are 2 camps in this, one is the "anti-big-brand" boys like ipod/microsoft haters who hate for the sake of moaning, or else they are fans of proper decent real beers (i.e. the anti-big-branders will probably drink some other mass produced yellow piss). The biggest selling beer in the world is probably budweiser and I find it also one of the most unaccepted beers by people too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭RayCon

I don't mind this Pilsner at all , and at €4.99 for 6 X 500ml bottles it is excellent value. Similar in taste to "trendy" Krombacher Pils which I had the unfortunate pleasure of paying €5.25 a bottle in Hotel Kilkenny last year. I remember sipping the Krombacher, looking at the bottle and thinking "f**k me I think thats that Lidl beer that you can get for €6.99 a six pack" ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

This is great value.

Is it the world greatest beer: No.

Does it knock the socks off any other beer in its price range: Absolutly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Have three 6-packs in the boot of my car. All set for Big Brother final tonight and the Ireland game tomorrow, I'll report back as to the quality and/or hangover inducing properties of said beer tomorrow.

Go Team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Picked up a 6 pack today..its 4.9 percent and if its half drinkable,its gr8 value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Just picked up two 6 packs. Nice enough beer at its normal price imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

was tipsy after flooring 2 bottles straight, nice stuff, nothing great but nothing bad either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭Silver Serpent

I like Pilsner as there is a bit more flavour to it and these are very nice.

I used to love Satzenbrau when it was available. It was strong and you got a right belt off it. It's not available anymore now though I don't think?

Holsten is decent too, but ofcourse was better when it was 5.5% and not the 5 it is now ;)

The stronger the better for me. I remember drinking Skull I think it was called, one time, and it was 14%.

You could feel yourself getting drunker with every slug :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

thanks for this op - just picked up 72 bottles for little under 60 quid - cant be bad

neonitrix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭bennyob

I used to love Satzenbrau when it was available. It was strong and you got a right belt off it. It's not available anymore now though I don't think?

I seen cans of Satzenbrau in dunnes earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Haven't tried this but can't go wrong for the price. I just picked up two six packs. So that's six litres of beer and a pair of wellies for €20.
    I love Lidl!

bennyob wrote: »
    I seen cans of Satzenbrau in dunnes earlier.

Cheers.

I'll have to pop over for a few.

Do you know what alcohol % it's at now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Love this beer, bought 2 six packs a few weeks ago & was really impressed. I usually find the people that don't like these beers are into things like bud, heineken, coors light, miller etc. I can't stand any of those beers, all too mild in taste. Usually drink becks (not vier) or tiger beer when I'm out or carlsberg if there's no other alternative.

Anyone notice if there was still any hoegaarden or leffe left in any of the lidl's from the offer a few weeks back or if the blonde beers they or aldi sell are any good? Not a fan of it myself, but my o/h loves it.

Oral Slang wrote: »
    I usually find the people that don't like these beers are into things like bud, heineken, coors light, miller etc.

Agree totally, the tasteless alcohol. It's like drinking a healthy persons urine lol.

I'm after a couple of these tonight now and it's very nice indeed.

By the way, there is 2 euro off Leffe Blonde in Tesco at the moment, 7.99 down to 5.99 for 4 330ml bottles.

6.6% so I'd say there is a fair crack off it.

Free delivery at Tesco online this weekend too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tintar

> or if the blonde beers they or aldi sell are any good?

I tried the Pils bottles for around 5.50 from Aldi and found it crisp but with a very metallic aftertaste.

Aldi's has another bottled Pils for a bit more (Wernersgrau?) that are quite nice and similar in taste (& price) to LIDL's Perlenbacher.

Also tried Aldi's 6 pack Pils cans, it was less than 6 Euro, but tasted terrible, I will not be buying those again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Just on my first bottle now and I'm impressed. Looking forward to the other eleven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

had the 6,gr8 value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Had this tonite , great beer for the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

tintar wrote: »
    > or if the blonde beers they or aldi sell are any good?

I tried the Pils bottles for around 5.50 from Aldi and found it crisp but with a very metallic aftertaste.

Aldi's has another bottled Pils for a bit more (Wernersgrau?) that are quite nice and similar in taste (& price) to LIDL's Perlenbacher.

Also tried Aldi's 6 pack Pils cans, it was less than 6 Euro, but tasted terrible, I will not be buying those again.

sorry, meant the weiss beer..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭BigAl81

BigAl81 wrote: »
    Have three 6-packs in the boot of my car. All set for Big Brother final tonight and the Ireland game tomorrow, I'll report back as to the quality and/or hangover inducing properties of said beer tomorrow.

Go Team!

No Hangover either :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 badkittybad

Best budget beer by far.

Lidl now stock Franziskaner weissbier for 2 euro,did taste test with Aldi weissbier,same price but Franziskaner wins handsdown imo

By the way, there is 2 euro off Leffe Blonde in Tesco at the moment, 7.99 down to 5.99 for 4 330ml bottles.

6.6% so I'd say there is a fair crack off it
    This is a very common, as in reoccurring, offer in tesco, same with hoegaarden it is often 4x330ml for 6 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭DenMan

I love Perlenbacher. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭mr roper

nice beer had 6 last night and no mad head this morning:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Lovely beer. As someone said not the best in the world but you wont get another beer like it for anywhere near the same price.

I'm gonna pick some up before the offer ends.

Excelsior or whatever its called, is absolute pi$$, but cheap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement