Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

at the doc today and....

• 02-09-2009 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

I was at the doc today as I have been having shooting pains in the (you know where) and what felt like period pain since last Sunday. I wasn't too worried and put it down to the usual pregnancy complaints but then last night and this morning I have been having painless contractions. She told me I have a urinary tract infection and because I left it so long may have brought on early labour. I feel like such a twat. I should have went straight away but had booked the appointment for this morning last week so thought I would just wait until then. I am on antibiotics now and the contractions have stopped thank god but my advice to anyone with pains they are worried about just go to the doctor! I think because this is my third pregnancy I thought I would know if something was wrong.....obviously not. I'm 34 weeks btw.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

awh poor thing, I wouldnt beat yerslef about it, they have stopped now thank god. Amazing to think a UTI would do such a thing, just goes to show you. Best of luck for next 6 weeks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Please do not feel guilty for not going to the doctor earlier, if they had a real concern about you or the baby you would be in hospital right now. You could not prevent yourself from getting the UTI just as much as i couldn't stop myself form being ill. My daughter was born at 34 weeks weighing 3lb 13oz, she was delivered because of severe pre-eclampsia, now she's just over 12lb and doing brilliantly.
    You said that the contractions had stopped so thats a good sign, sit back, put your feet up and let people pamper you.

Take care of yourself, good luck :)

Advertisement