Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Guitar Album?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Deeda77

Lovin everything on here guys! My wee input is:
    Joe Satriani - Silver Surfer. Master.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

teddy_303 wrote: »
    The Cult
    Electric
    Guitar - Mr Billy Duffy, :cool:

+1 to that. Duffy was/is a super guitarist who often gets overlooked in these type of 'great guitarist' polls.

Would have to add The Bends and OK Computer by Radiohead. Not the most original choice but there really is some great guitar playing on both of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Live Alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭RayCon

AC/DC : Powerage (their best album IMO) Angus and Malcolm are the perfect Lead / Rhythm team
    Black Sabbath : Mob Rules (the riffs are glorious)
    Rory Gallagher : Any Album - it's ****in Rory Gallagher !! (although my personal favourite is Deuce)
    Tesla : Mechanical Resonance / The Great Radio Controversy - Frank Hannon is a vastly underated Guitarist - blistering "classic rock sounding" guitarist - one of my favourites ever.
    Rush : Hemispheres - Alex Lifeson rarely gets mentioned in "Great Guitarists" Lists much to my confusion :confused:
    Queensryche : Operation Mindcrime - There are some truely soarin duel guitar interplay moments on this album, as well as being a Metal masterpiece.
    Thin Lizzy : Live And Dangerous - Gorham and Robertson - Lizzy's best partnership
    Porcupine Tree : Fear Of A Blank Planet - Super album , with some absolute brilliant playing by Wilson and a guest spot from Alex Lifeson who chips in with midblowing solo on Anesthetize.

Ones that have been mentioned that I agree with :

Boston : Boston
    Van Halen : Van Halen
    Ozzy : Tribute
    Richard Thompson : I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

+1 for AC/DC Powerage

Dire Straits self titled first album

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 97Micra

John Mayall's Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton - "The Beano Album"

Advertisement