Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Report a moderator

Options
  • 02-09-2009 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

I want to report the R&R moderator, Sean Galv..
    He won't even reply to my PM's or address my arguements re: an automated banning.
    His only response was to suggest reading the forum charter which can't be read while banned.
    My hypothetical statement in the tread was interpreted by the automated system as 'insulting other users'.
    It is clear from the 'I'm God' response from the moderator, that he hasn't even read the 'offending' post.
    Now, I really have something to R&R about.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

There is no mod called Sean Galv.. did you send the PM to the right person?

The mods are: Galvasean, Slidey, Dragan, AlmightyCushion.

Incidentally, here are the posts from the charter:
    Dragan wrote: »
    The Corner Stone Rule : The Angry Bastard Forum is a place to vent your anger. Keep it angry but keep it polite, respectful and fun for your fellow Angry Bastards. Everybody else is fair ****ing game!

0) If you don't like the rant, don't post in the thread. Posts attempting to defuse a rant, counter a rant, belittle a rant etc. will be deleted and may incur bans and/or infractions.

1) We are Angry People - We don't want your positivity or your solutions. We want to be angry. Posting anything helpful, nice or saying anything along the lines of "get over it" will get you banned. Simple as. We don't want to get over it. We want to wallow in it. Like big steaming angry pigs.

2) No politics. No religion. No race issues. No sexism. Anger is not an excuse for ignorance. The Forum is a safe place to vent about the little things, that’s it. It's not a place to go off on one about the Big Three.

3) No personal abuse and nothing about other boards.ie posters or forums. This is not the Thunderdome and such things will get you banned.

4) You can use pics to help, but keep your adult hat on when choosing what you want to use. If something is NSFW then use the tags, not doing so will get you infracted or banned depending on obvious your idiocy.

5) No spam, no bull****, no shilling Anger Management Course.

6) Anger is a Priviledge, Not a Right! - think before you post, there is no Free Speech on boards. If we want to remove something we will, you will get a reason why and if you don't like it you can take it to Feedback or PM the relevant Mod. Usual Boards.ie rules about Free Speech apply…..there is none. If that makes you Angry then tough ****!

7) TxtSpk - this will get you banned. Seriously.

8) Threads on sport - once everyone is angry at the same thing I don't give a crap. Really I don't. However, the second you start getting personal, coming to defence of the threads subject or post anything other than your own angry feelings about the topic you'll be dealt with as is seen fit depending on the circumstances.

8B) Soccer - No soccer threads. Every time we have had a soccer thread it has decended into absolute chaos. Threads about soccer will not be approved.
    Of course, there's a general common sense rule. You all know the boards.ie rules at this stage and breaking them in a moment of frivolity will get you banned just as if it were intentional.

With regard to the content of the forum, it's all just a vent - do it for the laugh - do it for the craic but do not do it to satisfy some personal vendetta you have. As far as I'm concerned, this forum is a place for you to vent in a light-ish-hearted way and nothing said should be taken seriously.

If you have any complaint about the forum, report posts, take it to PM or Help Desk.

I'm watching this carefully because it needs it. Both Dragan and I will be heavy-handed in our moderation of the forum because it needs it. Posting here is a privilege that may be revoked.

Have a grumpy day.
    Based on feedback from the users here. No counter rants or arguements allowed. If a thread is a rant about x, then it stays a rant about x. Don't try and reason with the user or show them the light. Thanks.

This will be de-stickied in a few days but the rule will still be in place after that until the mods say otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I think this could be the offending post btw, it was abusive and going against the rant so that is why you were banned. Log out to view the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Waterfall1975

galvasean is the mod I question.
    & that is the post I was thinking of.
    It's not direct abuse at any particular user; it's a statement describing a possible scenario, I hoped the OP was in, when I read his thread title.
    It's not going against the rant, it's going in the same direction but in a different lane - like shouting out a car window to tell someone their bumper stickers funny only to realise it's not supposed to be funny!

Advertisement