Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NZ Activities - book now or wait till we get there?

Options
  • 02-09-2009 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

Be there in 3 weeks (21st September) and want to do things like Fox Glacier parachuting, Doubtful Sound overnight cruise, etc. What I'm wondering is should I be booking these things online now or ,if we wait till we get there, will we be able to book these things in short notice and will they be cheaper as a result? Since our itinerary isn't 100% fixed, booking when we get there would give us more freedom. Any advice welcome on this

Thanks,

Rob

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If your not already fixed into a schedule, then don't.

Some things are going to be very weather dependant, such as the parachuting, so if the weather is looking bad as you start to get near some destination then leave yourself the chance to pick something else to do instead. Most things though you'll just be able to turn up and do that day or just booking the day before. Not sure about the Doubtful Sound cruise though but I booked a Milford daytime cruise last year ony the day before at around the same time of year and even though the weather was bad that day it was still well worth doing.

Figure out stuff as you go along, see what takes your fancy and what other people you chat to on the way recomend for whatever the weather is doing at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

Yeah you'll be allright, stuff gets mad busy Jan/Feb but I would imagine you'll be okay in September. Whenever you get to a town with activities you want to do just drop into the I-Site (Tourist Info Office) and book everything from there thats mostly what we do. They often have good advice on the best tours or best value packages etc also.

Advertisement