Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for fellow musician(s)!!!!

Options
  • 02-09-2009 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Am a flute player and thus find it quite a 'lonely' instrument at times! I would love to play with others : violins, guitars, piano etc. with a view to 'gigging' as background music in restuarants or for weddings. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

I know what you mean (am a flute player too), have you considered joining an ensemble or orchestra? There are plenty out there for adult players, especailly around the dublin area.
    You could also get involved as a tutor in youth orchestras if you want a bit of teaching/tuition and it's a great oppertunity for meeting fellow musicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Seoid

HI Feebee12, I feel the same way sometimes! I play harp but have never played with any ensembles or groups and sometimes it does feel kinda lonely.

Whereabouts are you? I'm in South Co. Dublin & would be very interested in playing with somebody else, especially if we could get some gigs out of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 feebee12

Do you know how I would even go about joining a semi professional orchestra or a chamber music group? There doesn't seem to be much information that I can see on this message board, although I may not be looking in the right place!!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

Ditto here, I'm another homeless musician (classical guitar) and would be interested in playing with some other instruments, with or without gigs.

Eph.

Advertisement