Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Texaco petrol station

Options
  • 02-09-2009 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hi There,

I have been using my local garage for 20 years and the owner was brilliant made everyone feel welcome and chatted with everyone and looked after them. He also had amazing staff they were like him they would help with anything.

Last Thursday he disappeared and there is new owners its a Pakistan group who own 4 other stations.

I met the owner last Friday and thought he was the rudest person I have ever met, I asked for €50 cash back and he shouted "no more cash back,Goto a banklink" I was quite shocked and explained that i spend approx €800 per week there and my entire family use it also and he said he didnt care and it was his garage now and if i had a problem i should go elsewhere. I have heard a few locals say that dont like the new company and are going elsewhere for fuel etc.

When i was in the shop kneeling down looking for a birthday card i saw a young Irish guy walk in and ask could he leave his C.V. one of the old employees who is still there said "sure i will leave it with the manager" then the Irish guy left and the new manager walked out and was handed the C.V., He responded by ripping it up and saying "i dont want any Irish working here,there just lazy and steal" at this point i stood up and he nearly dropped when he say that i was there for the whole thing.

What i want to know is there any point going to Texaco and saying that they are loosing customers hand over fist because of their attitude?

It's quite sad as it was always a busy garage because it had the lowest fuel prices and everyone loved the staff.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

If you aren't exaggerating, which I don't think you are, then that sounds awful. It won't hurt to send an email or registered letter to the Texaco Head Office laying down why you are unhappy, and explaining all the changes that have happened and that a lot of other good customers are possibly going elsewhere (rival companies) because of the new owners. If that is the case of course.

With regards the not getting cash back though, I think that is the new owner's right to refuse.

Chevron (Ireland) Limited

Reg. Office: First Floor, Block B,
    Liffey Valley Office Campus,
    Quarryvale,
    Co. Dublin.

Tel: 00 353 (0)1 6136100
    Fax: 00 353 (0)1 6684874
    Email: info@texaco.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

I agree regarding the cash back thing is fine but i simply asked for cash back as i do everyday and he shouted at me all he had to say was we no longer do it and that would have been fine.

I just rang texaco and beleive it or not the snotty woman i spoke with doesnt care and said take it up with the owners. im shocked that Texaco is been run like this.

I just got my accounts dept to add up our bill for this garage last year and it has come to €19,000 for 2008. So because of their attitude and racism they now loose €19k and probably another €10k from my family using it.

Great start to a new business

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Each garage would be independently run, thats why texaco wouldn't give a toss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

there's still rules to a franchise and i would have thought that they might have cared a little bit seen as they could loose a fair amount of customers to esso

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Send him a copy of your 19k bill from 2008 and explain why he'll be missing out on this revenue in future.... might cause him to think twice about his attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Texaco won't have any influence on this, as the owners could simply use a different oil supplier if Texaco do say anything.

If you knew who the guy who handed in his CV was, then he could take a case against the manager for discrimination. A serious offense, that carries large penalties, but it would have to be the other guy that takes the case.

Just go to a different garage, this one doesn't deserve your's, or anyone else's, business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

viking wrote: »
    Send him a copy of your 19k bill from 2008 and explain why he'll be missing out on this revenue in future.... might cause him to think twice about his attitude.

IMO show him a copy of your 19k bill, watch him with his hands pointed towards the sky, the soppy smiles and apologies :( - praise be Ala etc.

And then say FUUK YOU.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

to be honest, don't think there will be a need to do anything because this clown will see his business decrease very quickly. fair enough he will get passing trade but definitely not repeat business such as yourself.

Advertisement