Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new data plan for meteor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

cool ****.

was actually thinking of switching to 'best of both' from bp lite but 3 are a pain in the ass to deal with..

i need something like 20-60mb a month...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Dankoozy wrote: »
    cool ****.

was actually thinking of switching to 'best of both' from bp lite but 3 are a pain in the ass to deal with..

i need something like 20-60mb a month...

I doubt Meteor will be launching a lower data tariff, as they tried that before and it didn't seem to go down that well.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I doubt Meteor will be launching a lower data tariff, as they tried that before and it didn't seem to go down that well.

rly? when was this?

rly? when was this?

If I recall correctly, it was 2007. I think it was originally 100 MB, 250 MB and the unlimited data bundles.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    If I recall correctly, it was 2007.

how much data did they give you for how much?

• Advertisement

how much data did they give you for how much?

I don't recall the original prices unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I've seen the new price plans and must admit I'm very impressed with Meteor on these tariffs! I hope it introduces even more competition in the market!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I've seen the new price plans and must admit I'm very impressed with Meteor on these tariffs! I hope it introduces even more competition in the market!
    You can't say that and not tell us what they are!!:D

tell us at 12 o clock pls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

squared wrote: »
    You can't say that and not tell us what they are!!:D

Unfortunately for you I can:D. You dont have long to wait though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Are these new price plans only for Bill pay customers ? I heard PAYG could change too to €2.50 for 5 days of internet at 50Mb per day . (making it cheaper than 99 cent a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    Are these new price plans only for Bill pay customers ? I heard PAYG could change too to Š2.50 for 5 days of internet at 50Mb per day . (making it cheaper than 99 cent a day.

Hmm...that'd be good and bad, it would mean that you could get more data than before for cheaper if you're a regular user, but also if you used it maybe three times spaced out over a month it would work out dearer...

Adro947 wrote: »
    Hmm...that'd be good and bad, it would mean that you could get more data than before for cheaper if you're a regular user, but also if you used it maybe three times spaced out over a month it would work out dearer...
    Yes but I think the 99cent deal would still be an option so you could get one or the other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

€5 for 250 MB, €15 for 10GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

long_b wrote: »
    5 for 250 MB, 15 for 10GB
    So, my current 250mb package is cut in half? not bad.
    Can I switch from tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It will automatically happen. You'll get a text about it.

They definitely have brought some competition into the market with this but I do think they have been quite smart here though, they know that alot of people will want more than the 250MB so they will be forced to pay €15. If they moved to three they could avail of 1GB for €10 which is more reasonable.

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    Yes but I think the 99cent deal would still be an option so you could get one or the other

:( Nothing happened there did it?

:( Nothing happened there did it?

Sorry lads got it wrong :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

well lads I think we have left something out...

what about the out of bundle data pricing? Is it still cheaper(half the price) to use meteor data roaming in thailand than at home in dublin? Are they still charging over 20euro /mb out of bundle??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭cruizer22b

I have to say im delighted with the new prices. My talk 300 free meteor to meteor is 50 per month for 300 mins and 80 texts. Now Ill be able to get 500 mins and 500 texts for 50 and my data add on will be half price. 15 for 10g or 4.99 for 250mb. Fair play.

All hope is not lost yet:
    http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?s=&showtopic=171&view=findpost&p=773

I hope something comes of this.

All hope is not lost yet:
    http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?s=&showtopic=171&view=findpost&p=773

I hope something comes of this.
    Hope so too. Hopefully a gig or two for €10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

cruizer22b wrote: »
    I have to say im delighted with the new prices. My talk 300 free meteor to meteor is 50 per month for 300 mins and 80 texts. Now Ill be able to get 500 mins and 500 texts for 50 and my data add on will be half price. 15 for 10g or 4.99 for 250mb. Fair play.

I have the same as you, will this switch automatically or do I have to call them?

As I said a few posts back, it will switch automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭cruizer22b

Lux23 wrote: »
    I have the same as you, will this switch automatically or do I have to call them?

I think you just call them. But I have gone for an even better one. Its called Surf Package or something. Has the 500 of each plus 1gb data add on all for €55 per month :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

chrislad wrote: »
    As I said a few posts back, it will switch automatically.

Just for clarity - the old data add-on will be switched automatically to the new one but you stay on whatever calls and texts package you signed up for unless you switch to one of the new ones ?

There is no 'new' data plan. There is the same data plan at a reduced price. Your existing play will stay the same. You will just go from being charged 9.99 a month to 4.99 a month.

Advertisement