Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fees

• 02-09-2009 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭

i am going into 4th yr add on hons degree.

have had grant for las 3 years . sent in full grant application to my local vec 4 th august 2009. i phoned them today, they said they havent looked at them yet ? mine in number approx 200 in list.

its just a formailty of grant approved as my circumstances same for last 2 years.
    they cannot tell me if i will get my letter of approval for middle next week
    when i start 4th year .
    i have also been on btea for last 3 years, the employment exchange kept doing out my 2008 income statement wrong , had to to go back min 3 times with it :mad::mad::mad: , this in turn has had me late send in grant form, but they still got it 4th august !!

they are to blame for this mess up , is there any recourse in this matter, as if i start college without grant approval ,and it is rejected i will have to pull out of course. where does that leave me in the situation of signing up to the course and owing college 1500 euros ????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

i am going into 4th yr add on hons degree.

have had grant for las 3 years . sent in full grant application to my local vec 4 th august 2009. i phoned them today, they said they havent looked at them yet ? mine in number approx 200 in list.

its just a formailty of grant approved as my circumstances same for last 2 years.
    they cannot tell me if i will get my letter of approval for middle next week
    when i start 4th year .
    i have also been on btea for last 3 years, the employment exchange kept doing out my 2008 income statement wrong , had to to go back min 3 times with it :mad::mad::mad: , this in turn has had me late send in grant form, but they still got it 4th august !!

they are to blame for this mess up , is there any recourse in this matter, as if i start college without grant approval ,and it is rejected i will have to pull out of course. where does that leave me in the situation of signing up to the course and owing college 1500 euros ????

something similar happened to me last year, vec messed up my application, i told the college and they told me to pay 50e instead of the full amount, and when the application is sorted, bring the grant letter and you`ll be refunded the 50euro

so dont worry, just explain the situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 annie_m

I had the same arrangment as well I think it is standered for people waiting on Grant letters.

Advertisement