Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sharing Photos and Videos online

• 02-09-2009 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I would like to share some wedding pictures and videos with friends and relative, however I don't want to use Facebook as I really would like to share these only with close friends, etc, not with everybody. I wonder if there is a website you could advise to do this? Possibly free of charges, but if there is a small charge is ok too....

Thank you ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Flickr and pix.ie are both free from images. Flickr lets you upload videos too, but im not sure how long / large the file can be or there is if any difference for the free account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

on Flickr you can make them private i.e. only your contacts can view them.
    Your allowed to have 200 photographs on a free account (100 Mb each month) i dont know about video - never uploaded one.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Fionn wrote: »
    on Flickr you can make them private i.e. only your contacts can view them.
    Your allowed to have 200 photographs on a free account (100 Mb each month) i dont know about video - never uploaded one.

:)

pix.ie is similar except no limit on the number of pictures - a transfer limit of 500Mb each month. Same story with privacy - use contacts and make the images only available to your contacts.

pix.ie won't do video. Tis a photographs only site. pix.ie is free at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I believe youtube allows you to mark uploaded videos as viewable only by contacts or groups of contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Thank you all guys! I opened an accout in Flickr and checked, but can only upload a video max 1:30min long....mine is around 10 minutes :( ....great for pictures though! :)

• Advertisement

Quackles wrote: »
    I believe youtube allows you to mark uploaded videos as viewable only by contacts or groups of contacts.

Great! I checked now and the video can be made viewable only by 25 friends! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

TripleAce wrote: »
    Great! I checked now and the video can be made viewable only by 25 friends! :)

both pix.ie & youtube offer a private view only be contact. not to be smart but you could make a dvd and post them to who ever, some people are just not into computers.

Chorcai wrote: »
    both pix.ie & youtube offer a private view only be contact. not to be smart but you could make a dvd and post them to who ever, some people are just not into computers.

Yep, we did the DVD also, but only for close family members :)

I tried to put it in youtube and loaded ok (flagged as private), but the background music was removed as it looks like it breaches some copyrights law....pity because without background music it loses everything :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Picasaweb can do all that AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MrcCars

• Advertisement
Advertisement