Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

modern warfare 2 question

• 02-09-2009 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

does anyone know where the best pre order deals are for MW2, think iv finally given in to the hype

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I wouldn't be too worried about pre-ordering. You'll ALWAYS find somewhere that'll still have it on the day of release. I only pre-ordered mine because my cousin works in Xtra-Vision, which is where I suggest going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

If it's anything like GTA you should have no problems. Only pre-order if going for the limited edition versions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

creggy wrote: »
    If it's anything like GTA you should have no problems. Only pre-order if going for the limited edition versions.
    Don't really have to do that either, I walked into xtra-game on release of Halo 3 and got the limited edition straight away :P

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pires

I agree I would say that you dont need pre-order, but we are all talking about MW2, I didnt get halo 3 or GTA on the release dates but every one is thinking the same (cod4 is classic so MW2 will be much more the classic will be sick).

So if you realy want a game for the day will be release I think you should pre-order, if dont mind get on the second day or so then you dont need

Any away is a good deal pre-order with game stop, just check the topic about batman for €30 and you will find out why is good ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

I never really pre order but i decided to do it for this game, the guy in gamestop said they already had over 300 orders which means on the day people probably wont get it from that store if they havent ordered.
    It will probably sell out in alot of places, but youll still probably get it somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

does anyone know where the best pre order deals are for MW2, think iv finally given in to the hype

In Game in Blanchardstown I was allowed to trade in COD:MW & COD:WAW for a total of €60 against the COD:MW2 game when I was pre-ordering it.

Which i think is a decent enough given the usual trade in value you get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

i pre-ordered mine as when gta came out i went through roughly 5 game shops in town only to get the last copy in the last shop
    of course i got one of the faulty ones so i wasnt so lucky
    but i would suggest pre-order to be safe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Speaking of the GTA4 release, Tesco had a ton of copies for only €30 on release day when most places was €50-60. Tesco Uk are doing a good deal for online pre-orders of MW2 but its for UK customers only works out about €42. I'm hoping tesco do the same again here like GTA4 and I will pick up a copy for around €40 on release day when most people are handing over €65-70 for the standard edition! because Activision have ramped up the price.

I can't see any shortage of this game, not in Dublin anyway. You will find a copy here on release day no problem.

The only game I remember ever selling out in the Dublin area was Vice City, had to wait a whole massive 3 days to get a copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Anyone know how much the hardened edition is gonna be in shops? Play.com have it down as €95 or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Moiph wrote: »
    Anyone know how much the hardened edition is gonna be in shops? Play.com have it down as €95 or something!

Hardened edition = game in shiny metal box + artwork that will be useless + token for XBLA game that you will get for less than a tenner. Not worth it IMO

• Advertisement
Advertisement