Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LISBON - What way will Clare vote this time?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

BORRRRRRRRRRRRING

Anyone else had enough of this wind bag's repititive comments? Thank fcuk its nearly all over!

he he he he. Nothing worse than someone disagreeing with you that isn't talking out of their arse.

I'll come back to you in a year when none of this bad stuff you're trying to say will happen and see are you still talking rubbish.

Anyway I'm off to vote for an EU treaty for reasons which are all contained in that treaty and not stuff I'm fantasizing in my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

BORRRRRRRRRRRRING

Anyone else had enough of this wind bag's repititive comments? Thank fcuk its nearly all over!

Pot. Kettle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

meglome wrote: »
    he he he he. Nothing worse than someone disagreeing with you that isn't talking out of their arse.

I'll come back to you in a year when none of this bad stuff you're trying to say will happen and see are you still talking rubbish.

Anyway I'm off to vote for an EU treaty for reasons which are all contained in that treaty and not stuff I'm fantasizing in my head.

You were not disageeing, you were insulting. Atleast some people's heads aren't stuck up their arse.

A year? Thats plain short term thinking for you, typical no long term objective outlook.

You were not disageeing, you were insulting. Atleast some people's heads aren't stuck up their arse.

A year? Thats plain short term thinking for you, typical no long term objective outlook.

Have you noticed you keep saying I'm insulting you by insulting me? Irony is not your friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭fergusman

Well the results are in, a landslide for the yes vote. Looks like people saw through the many red herrings put out there by the fringes/monster raving loons of the No side.

I suppose that run to the hills and drunken monkey will be emigrating now before they are drafted into service in the new european army???:P

Clare Result:
    Yes: 33,707 (72.32%); No: 12,898 (27.68%)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr Kamikazi

Right, every Irish male under the age of 30: You've been drafted, you'll be posted to Afghanistan tomorrow.
    There will be forced abortions for everyone, the foetuses will be sold to the zoo as meat.
    The rest of Ireland will be made into a car park for Europe.
    Minimum wage is 50 cent (a week) and striking is outlawed under pain of death!

The European War Commission

fergusman wrote: »
    Well the results are in, a landslide for the yes vote. Looks like people saw through the many red herrings put out there by the fringes/monster raving loons of the No side.

I suppose that run to the hills and drunken monkey will be emigrating now before they are drafted into service in the new european army???:P

Clare Result:

And he returns! Cat finally got off his tongue. Just update the NAMA page now and we will see how confident you are.

Clare Result:

It's great to see that sense prevailed. After reading the treaty myself I can tell you that all the bad things that are supposed to happen wont be happening. Now we just need to get rid of this government.
    And he returns! Cat finally got off his tongue. Just update the NAMA page now and we will see how confident you are.

What has NAMA got to do with a treaty on the EU?

Now yes siders... its time to eat your words...

SHOW ME THE MONEY!

SHOW ME THE RECOVERY!

SHOW ME THE JOBS!

Of course, you wont... come Monday we will continue to hear companie's shutting up shop... letting go hundreds of workers and continuing to move their factories further east where they can exploit low wage workers there... in fact just yesterday, there were further job losses announced

I am very disappointed with how foolish the Irish electorate have been made look like now... NO meant NO, but the rich would not listen and now they are going to ride us for every ounce of energy we have in our bones. So let down by the referendum process...

... I dont think I will be voting anymore in the future if this is how things are done... I am going to slug it out as long as I can manage on my beautiful homeland... after that, me and a few others are thinking of getting out of here in search of a better life in Canada... far away from the EU waffle, banks, moaning and complaining that is Ireland today.

Saorstát Éireann: 1922 - 2009
    R.I.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Clare got it right first time around, this time around the country listened to us....and we gave those slimy sleazy scheming liars an ass whupping.:D

You know, unlike the no side, I wouldn't be against another vote.In the interest of fairness and all that,because once lies are exposed they remain that way - honestly UKIP and Ganley PISS OFF now.
    Take your nonsense elsewhere!

Good on you Clare Folk:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭fergusman

... I dont think I will be voting anymore in the future if this is how things are done... I am going to slug it out as long as I can manage on my beautiful homeland... after that, me and a few others are thinking of getting out of here in search of a better life in Canada... far away from the EU waffle, banks, moaning and complaining that is Ireland today.

Saorstát Éireann: 1922 - 2009
    R.I.P.

Good luck and good riddence, and take your copy and paste arguments with you.

As regards the NAMA thread I dont have time to spend replying to your copy and pasting utter tripe from various different biased websites and then pretending its your own rational thought process.
    You saw Zeitgeist and think its cool to be all anti-estblishment but you really havent a clue about most of the issues here.

As Barney Frank recently said in the similarly emotive Health Care debate in the U.S.

"Trying to have a conversation with you would be like arguing with a dining room table."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Outcome of Lisbon result.

2i1fm0m.jpg

Outcome of Lisbon result.

2i1fm0m.jpg

Ahh did you make that yourself? I only ask cause you usually just copy paste from some conspiracy theory's site.

Ahh did you make that yourself? I only ask cause you usually just copy paste from some conspiracy theory's site.

Its to the point, when you get the biased Media, TV and countries wealthiest fatcats promoting a campaign the Sheeple will follow.

Wait and see the great disappointment in two years time. Absolutly nothing will have changed except for the worse, our exonomy will have slipped further down the toilet.

People will still be looking for all those "jobs" promised. When they go out to demonstrate in the streets about this and the build up of other failures and corruption the sh*it will be kicked out of them by EU Gendarmerie. :eek:

0,1020,847339,00.jpg

Wait and see the great disappointment in two years time. Absolutly nothing will have changed except for the worse, our exonomy will have slipped further down the toilet.

Em wouldn't that have been the case if we voted no? What would have changed if we voted no, instead of yes??

Its to the point, when you get the biased Media, TV and countries wealthiest fatcats promoting a campaign the Sheeple will follow.

So the Irish people are sheeple... is it all of them or just the majority that disagree with you?

The government we voted in wrecked the economy and hopefully soon we'll get rid of them. Of course that has nothing to do with the Lisbon treaty directly.
    People will still be looking for all those "jobs" promised. When they go out to demonstrate in the streets about this and the build up of other failures and corruption the sh*it will be kicked out of them by EU Gendarmerie. :eek:

Other country's having more confidence in Ireland should lead to job creation. Also the 500 million Euro the EU just loaned us will create jobs. But I don't remember anyone promising jobs.

This stuff will go down way better over in the conspiracy theory's forum.
    Malty_T wrote: »
    Em wouldn't that have been the case if we voted no? What would have changed if we voted no, instead of yes??

Of course if people going to invest in Europe think Ireland has a problem with the EU they might not invest here.

Malty_T wrote: »
    At least the population would not be mislead into false hope. Two years time the big national cry out will be "I voted Yes and where's my fu*cking job" meanwhile the state will be flooded with Turkish immigrants willing to work for less than e2.an hour :eek:

Two years time the big national cry out will be "I voted Yes and where's my fu*cking job" meanwhile the state will be flooded with Turkish immigrants willing to work for less than e2.an hour :eek:

Care to put a bet on that?:p

Good luck and good riddence, and take your copy and paste arguments with you.

You have not responded because you don't have the brain mass to fathom one ... lay off the Denny sausages and you may become articulate enough to make a debated response.

I will leave this once beautiful country in the capable hands of you slacker surfers and of course Enda Kenny. Good luck keeping the engineers and scientists you really need to have recovery.

Talking shops with more fantasy laws to make people submit to their will, is going to just do that. Enjoy the remainder of your identity.

Saorstát Éireann:
    1922 - 2009
    R.I.P.

0,1020,847339,00.jpg

If this had happened to a bunch of Taxi drivers who decided to bring the national capital to a standstill for 2 days because they can't be arsed to go through the proper channels, I would have stood by and cheered the Police.

• Advertisement

At least the population would not be mislead into false hope. Two years time the big national cry out will be "I voted Yes and where's my fu*cking job" meanwhile the state will be flooded with Turkish immigrants willing to work for less than e2.an hour :eek:

I think there are twelve criteria that any country must meet to join the EU and Turkey has managed to meet one of them in 15 years. And that's leaving aside all the country's that wouldn't want them in, it needs to be a unanimous decision. So in the real world Turkey hasn't a hope of being in the EU any time soon or possibly ever. And the minimum wage in this country is legally set at 8.65 (or whatever it is) and the only way to pay someone less is to break the law. You can't even state basic fact.

We need to look to our government to handle the economy as scary as that thought is. You told me before you don't vote so I'd suggest at the next general election you do and hopefully we'll have some change.
    If this had happened to a bunch of Taxi drivers who decided to bring the national capital to a standstill for 2 days because they can't be arsed to go through the proper channels, I would have stood by and cheered the Police.

You know the worst thing about about blocking O'Connell street is it isn't open to normal traffic. By blocking it they were blocking all the joe public coming home on the major bus routes across the city. So they just screwed over the working man/woman. What genius thought that one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

So drunken monkey and run 2 da hills......you both are so gutted and devastated with the result, have lost what little faith you guys had left in our country I imagine.

So tell us does this mean you both are getting a one way ticket out of here.......no.....I didn't think so!!!

The treaty has been passed and fair play to all of us who took the time and came out to vote yes.

I think its time to stop debating, and look towards a positive future :)

Fancy That wrote: »
    So drunken monkey and run 2 da hills......you both are so gutted and devastated with the result, have lost what little faith you guys had left in our country I imagine.

So tell us does this mean you both are getting a one way ticket out of here.......no.....I didn't think so!!!

The treaty has been passed and fair play to all of us who took the time and came out to vote yes.

I think its time to stop debating, and look towards a positive future :)
    Postive me ho*le, in 5 years time you will be looking back with regret. Why the fu*ck did we sign the soul of our country over to Satan.

It was inevitable that this thing would come to pass. We were just buying time. No point in traveling as it will eventually spread across the globe like a cancer with ammended treaty after treaty.

We are now about to face one of the most stringent communist regimes ever on the face of the planet where every movement you make, item you buy, email /text you send is logged on a database . :eek:

5pgcox.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Lisbon, best of three?

Europe can do what it likes when it likes now.

What happened to you Ireland? Your ass used to be beautiful.

st-patrick-girl-with-masonic-flag.jpg

Your ass belongs to Europe now.

Saorstát Éireann:
    1922 - 2009
    R.I.P.

Postive me ho*le, in 5 years time you will be looking back with regret. Why the fu*ck did we sign the soul of our country over to Satan.

It was inevitable that this thing would come to pass. We were just buying time. No point in traveling as it will eventually spread across the globe like a cancer with ammended treaty after treaty.

We are now about to face one of the most stringent communist regimes ever on the face of the planet where every movement you make, item you buy, email /text you send is logged on a database . :eek:

ha ha ha ha ha. Ah Rtdh that's the best laugh I've had all afternoon. You just go too far so pretty much no one is going to believe outside of the conspiracy theory's forum.
    Lisbon, best of three?

Given the big yes vote I don't think there would be much point. That said I have no problem with more democratic voting.

Well, best out of three would make sense, if there was a Yes vote, there would be no doubt over the decision.
    It's been pretty clear that the first No vote had mainly 2 reasons:

1: F*ck you FF, this will make you look bad in Europe cause we're fed up with you.
    2: Hello, Europe, we're doing fine, thank you very much, we don't need your help. Also, instead of telling us what to do, how about we tell you how to run things, cause we're so great and have the best economy and know everything better, etc...

Now it's the reverse:

1: Still f*ck you FF, but we're voting for this thing to take power away from you incompetent muppets.
    2: Hello, Europe: HHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But agree, there was such a resounding Yes this time that either 20% of people changed their mind or the government used one of their famous computerised systems to count the votes. One that cost 320 million, doesn't work, doesn't link up with any other system on earth and is based on 1980's technology.
    Which reminds me, I have a C64 I need to flog to the government. I think 20 million should be considered reasonable by FF...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Now after it has been decided & it is a YES i congratulate the victors.

I campaigned genuinley in what i believe was the best for my country.

We will never know what would have been now had we voted NO but ireland being politically & economically marginalised was the biggest fear card available & was played repeatedly. I dont think any of the Pro lisbon can say with conviction that is truly what they beleived what would have happened & if it is what they beleived then the entire campaign was tantamount to black mail.

If the fine folks we have now put our country firmly in control of are really the sort of people that would have done that to us had we democratically voted NO it is an indication of who you really are dealing with.

I will never give up the fight & will always have the best interests of my country first over any treaty that accomodates EU institutions power being enhanced over our own affairs.

Is D'éirinn mé - I am of Ireland.

ha ha ha ha ha. Ah Rtdh that's the best laugh I've had all afternoon. You just go too far so pretty much no one is going to believe outside of the conspiracy theory's forum.
    No Longer a Conspiracy.

http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/09/20/project-indect-an-ai-to-police-all-of-europe/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

0,1020,847339,00.jpg

NOOOOO dont take my shopping!

Advertisement