Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LISBON - What way will Clare vote this time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Hahaha :pac:

Good ad in fairness to the xenophobes !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

asmobhosca wrote: »
    I agree totally with you there, a person should only vote on the treaty that is placed in front of us.
    To be honest I haven't made my mind up yet on Lisbon.
    Although given current circumstances I'm leaning closer to a Yes vote at the moment but that could change.

I think that some sections of the no campaign at times sensationalise the reasons to vote NO.
    For example I saw a signs in Limerick which said "Vote No to stop Israeli genocide"
    What the hell has that got to do with Lisbon?

The whole Libertas thing had a serious stink off it too... the Mcavaddys...omega air...U.S. military transport contracts...etc.
    I think things like the above actually hinder the no campaign's credibility at times.....

The Yes campaign while having much cross party support is still failing to adequately explain the ramifications of the treaty to the Irish population.
    Most people haven't a clue what it actually means!! STILL!!!
    Read a copy of the Sovereign Independent if you get a chance, its mind blowing and full of facts. "A vote to end all Votes" is the title which says ever thing. it goes into the architecture of the EU system and tells us what privileges we loose and what powers they will gain. There is copies of this floating around town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

COIR3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Read a copy of the Sovereign Independent if you get a chance, its mind blowing and full of facts. "A vote to end all Votes" is the title which says ever thing. it goes into the architecture of the EU system and tells us what privileges we loose and what powers they will gain. There is copies of this floating around town.

I have 200 copies of it... going to make sure I spread them in key locations around Ennis...

Dead on the mark... full of FACTS that would make die hard yes voters stomach's turn!

The best we got from the yes camp is the a few vague explanations in the referendum commision booklet and a FG poster with "sexy" ENDA KENNY appealing for a "young, energenic, sexy FG yes vote"

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

I have 200 copies of it... going to make sure I spread them in key locations around Ennis...

Dead on the mark... full of FACTS that would make die hard yes voters stomach's turn!

The best we got from the yes camp is the a few vague explanations in the referendum commision booklet and a FG poster with "sexy" ENDA KENNY appealing for a "young, energenic, sexy FG yes vote"

I have 200 copies too, i am going to try and get them into various workplace canteens, waiting rooms and the like. if you can think of any more ideas let me know.
    anyone in limerick city needing a few copies let me know.

• Advertisement

PM me, I am in town for the weekend and have more copies if needed and other goodies. :)

Just a reminder... VOTE NO!

Lets keep this important topic rolling guys... our future doesnt depend on good food nor all ireland finals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭croker95

Just a reminder... VOTE NO!

Lets keep this important topic rolling guys... our future doesnt depend on good food nor all ireland finals...

Back on Topic..... I would say it is very much odds on for Clare to vote Yes judging by the latest poll results.

I think Fear is the main factor in peoples minds. Fear, justly or not, of the economic consequences of a No Vote will swing the result.

But the Clare backs ability to curb Richie Hogan is causing me to lose sleep :D

What do you say people... is it time to close this original question? I think weve gone beyond weather Clare is going to vote for it or not... which it seems likely to vote yes....

In all fairness, if Clare votes yes again, it just proves that were thick rednecks... who will believe ANYTHING the PARTY says is good for them...

I would call on every Clare person to detach themselves from their so called "party duties" for once and realise that the politicians have it all wrong this time...

For once, can that people not go with the flow and show some independant thinking on the matter... deep down I know even the yes voters have their reservations... but push these aside becuase DOOLEY, KENNY and GILMORE are ramming this down yer throats that its good for you, when it just satisfys their political ambitions

The treaty is wrong.. WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!! GOT IT?

I was at a Bike rally last night in Inch and there was a very strong NO from people I questioned, the answer from most was the fact that we already voted NO and that our sovereignty is at stake. People also feard the prospect of a super police state governed from Brussels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

I was at a Bike rally last night in Inch and there was a very strong NO from people I questioned, the answer from most was the fact that we already voted NO and that our sovereignty is at stake. People also feard the prospect of a super police state governed from Brussels.

God, I'm surprised, you'd think they'd love it.....all that leather and noise!

VOTE NO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭golfball37

At the maid roundabout there's a sign saying "Dooley says yes"

Here was me thinking was this yes to allow Aer lingus do over Shannon or yes to closing A&E at Ennis?

Anyone would think the govt don't want to win this vote when they are sending out lightweights like Dooley to bat.

Then again maybe I've under estimated the stupidness of my fellow county men?:mad:

Teadrinker wrote: »
    God, I'm surprised, you'd think they'd love it.....all that leather and noise!
    Nope bikers are not at all like your average YES supporters.

Nope bikers are not at all like your average YES supporters.

So, bikers are more like Sinn Fein, Coir, UKIP and Declan Ganley?

Nope, most respect true democracy and don't like stuff shoved down their troths.

So they have become the faces of the NO side? If thats the case, I fully trust them becuase I know, Run to da hills knows and every tuned into reality mind knows whats going on and not having to put up with the wool over their eyes.

So people in wonderland like yourself are more like FF, FG, Labour and CEOs of big corporations like Intel? No sorry... Im not in lalaland like them, I can see how the chess game is going to play out 10 moves in advance and not 1 move like they are.

So they have become the faces of the NO side? If thats the case, I fully trust them becuase I know, Run to da hills knows and every tuned into reality mind knows whats going on and not having to put up with the wool over their eyes.

So people in wonderland like yourself are more like FF, FG, Labour and CEOs of big corporations like Intel? No sorry... Im not in lalaland like them, I can see how the chess game is going to play out 10 moves in advance and not 1 move like they are.

Who did you think were the faces of the No side?

You are the face of the No side on here and you are doing a great job - for the Yes side.

Who did you think were the faces of the No side?

You are the face of the No side on here and you are doing a great job - for the Yes side.

Do whatever your heart tells you my friend.

Vote yes to "recovery" and vote yes to "jobs". Vote yes becuase the "party" would never fib about such a thing...

Its simple... we "need" Europe. We are "stronger" with Europe... great agruments altogether... but I will have to stick with the conclusion I came to using my head and vote no

New Sinn Fein posters.

Hit back time :D

10424_130432252913_685717913_2601127_4818530_n.jpg

10424_130432282913_685717913_2601130_6489273_n.jpg

10424_130432287913_685717913_2601131_1850712_n.jpg

10424_130432262913_685717913_2601128_7806492_n.jpg

7525_1116578162401_1465393158_30295952_924375_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭REPSOC1916

I've only seen those Sinn Fein posters up on Pearse Street in Dublin. It was the "military spending" one.

REPSOC1916 wrote: »
    I've only seen those Sinn Fein posters up on Pearse Street in Dublin. It was the "military spending" one.
    Saw same one oposite Tara St Station, The Farmers one will be popular down the country. These are well put together and reveal truth about this lisbon pact.

Saw same one oposite Tara St Station, The Farmers one will be very popular down the country. :D

These are well put together and reveal truth about this European pact.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭homer1916

I'm going to vote No because the Irish people already voted No. They're already carrying out parts of the treaty, and asking us to vote a 2nd time as if they care what we think?

It's going to happen anyway with or without our consent. It's already is happening.

I'm not mad on them replacing our own constitution (a perfectly clear and reasonably document) with something that's so convoluted few people can read it.

Anybody been to the cinema lately? They've got he most hilariously patronising pro-EU adverts. Some blonde with a D4 accent going "OMG. I don't have to change my money when I travel abroad. It's so convenient!" etc.

What an attitute, im out of a job and voting no is going to ensure i stay out of one, thanks alot. Vote YES for Irelands sake

Wonder if there's a military spending one on Kevin Street?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭golfball37

homer1916 wrote: »
    What an attitute, im out of a job and voting no is going to ensure i stay out of one, thanks alot. Vote YES for Irelands sake

I'm intrigued to know how exactly a NO vote ensures you stay out of a job whereas presumably a YES vote gets you back into work?

For Irelands sake vote yes? Why exactly? There's nothing in this European Constitution/Lisbon Treaty that provides for anything regarding business or investment or jobs. The inmplication that it does by the YES side is a complete falsehood much in the same way abortion will be brought in being a falsehood from the NO side.

He didnt have an attitude, he just was pointing out the reason why he will be voting no a second time and also pointed out the flaws in the yes camps messages.

Bad one that you are out of a job but please know that Lisbon does nothing to help you get another one... there is not one single aspect which says you or anybody else will get a job out of it... you are falling for the Yes poster lies... DONT.

In fact Lisbon will damaged regional spread of jobs... as the big countries like Germany will benefit most from it, tax harmonisation IS on the agenda, companies will calmour for the door out of Ireland when that happens and leave in bigger droves to central Europe (the centre of the European market) so that their goods and services can be distributed more easily.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

New Sinn Fein posters.

Hit back time :D

Not even original enough to come up with new lies.

They were right on the money about Nice too weren't they?
    undermine our sovereignty :eek:
    bring us closer into a European Army and NATO and :eek:
    relegate us to the second division of a two-tier European Union. :eek:

http://www.sinnfein.org/releases/01/nicemanifesto.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I'm out of a job as well so get lost with your woe is me nonsense. It's me has the attitude?

I listen to a American political podcasts and at the moment whenever they want to pass a bill in the senate they're saying "Vote Yes, for jobs!" everytime. It's just feeding into the fear we have about the economy and how many people are jobless. I find the whole thing patronising. Why not give us some positive reasons to vote Yes instead of making vague threats?

I'm not sure which way to vote at this stage. I'm too conflicted. But anybody proudly voting yes because we're going to get better lending rates from the ECB, lots of jobs and Globex Corporation setting up in Ennis handing out free moccasins and productivity gaining hammocks are living in a dreamworld. The EU has enough problems of their own and they're not going to bail us out of anything. It'll be up to ourselves to fix the mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Maybe its the many multinational companies that make us more competitive and greedy, than other counties where jobs are less.

Do we think that letting the EU, (which is effectively a representation of corporate power and thirst for profit before people), tell us that is in the people's interest that voting yes is good for democracy?

Quite frankly, if we voted no, we should also signal this decision as a rejection of the political system, which are only goons for profit. Not only another rejection is needed, but a revolution in our social system is needed to have equality... not some politician's notion of how to world should work

I'm not from Clare but if I was I'd be extremely insulted by this bull****.
    I'm going to vote No because the Irish people already voted No. They're already carrying out parts of the treaty, and asking us to vote a 2nd time as if they care what we think?

It's going to happen anyway with or without our consent. It's already is happening.

I'm not mad on them replacing our own constitution (a perfectly clear and reasonably document) with something that's so convoluted few people can read it.

Anybody been to the cinema lately? They've got he most hilariously patronising pro-EU adverts. Some blonde with a D4 accent going "OMG. I don't have to change my money when I travel abroad. It's so convenient!" etc.

Again I'm not from Clare but this post is utter ****e. Feel free to pop over to the politics forum and have it explained to you in great detail why it's ****e.

What the hell is wrong with the No campaign in this country that they can't even state basic fact.

Advertisement