Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queer Beers - Pantibar Friday October 2nd

Options
  • 02-09-2009 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

Right, lets get the ball rolling so to speak. You can vote for multiple options.

The venue are

Pantibar; A nice gay venue
    Sub lounge: A nice straight bar popular with office types, includes a pool table. all pints 3:40;
    The Vault (D1): A nice straight bar in the IFSC. I've found the place expensive in the past, but supposedly they have two for one offers.
    The Harbourmaster: A nice straight bar in the IFSC, again popular with office types.

Dates: October 2/3rd Vs October 9/10th.

I am categorically not organising this, Some one of the moderators can book space (Which I strongly recommend for a friday or saturday evening).

When and Where to Have the beers. 79 votes

Pantibar
    0%
    Sublounge
    22%
    azezilStarkGoodshapeJohn PlayerAnnasoprarainbow kirbyshoegirlJBoyle4evaAardim...LOSTCatari JaguarDaithPeadar06AssaultedPeanutcardio,shoot mezodiakrenrawjamijary 18 votes
    The Vault
    8%
    azezilStarkBostonGoodshapeshay_562Aardcotwold 7 votes
    The Harbour Master
    7%
    azezilStarkBostonelekidshay_562Marshy 6 votes
    Friday October 2nd
    10%
    azezilStarkBostonNevynL1011ixoyelekidshay_562 8 votes
    Saturday October 3rd
    25%
    azezilBostonGoodshapeBeruthielNevynJohn Playerixoyrainbow kirbyshoegirlelekidshay_562Aardcotwoldim...LOSTMarshyCatari JaguarDaithPeadar06AssaultedPeanutjamijary 20 votes
    Friday October 9th
    8%
    azezilBostonNevynshay_562AardMarshyzodiak 7 votes
    Saturday October 10th.
    8%
    azezilBostonNevynL1011AnnasopraJBoyle4evarenraw 7 votes
    Change dates please.
    5%
    azezilBostonNevynAnnasopra 4 votes
    I've no interest in attending.
    2%
    azezilStark 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Will bubbles be there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Change dates please.
    Unlikely considering his taste in mail order Russians.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Friday October 9th
    An early lead for Pantibar \o/.

Also, fwiw, I don't like the idea of trekking out to the IFSC.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Saturday October 3rd
    I like the IFSC idea as it's near my DART! Plus I could edit the poll to suit whatever I want... although Boston clearly saw that one coming by making the poll public...

Reckon Friday Oct 2nd is a good date.

Change dates please.
    Ok, so it looks like Pantibar on the 2nd of October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,703 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Saturday October 10th.
    how early / late? Pantibar does food now (well pizza) so an earlier start could work

Change dates please.
    Up to whom ever will to turn up earliest. I'll show sometime between 7:30 and 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Friday October 9th
    Between 19:00 and 20:00 works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Change dates please.
    Guess I'll have to vote for Lisbon in the morning then :)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Saturday October 3rd
    Day of the Lisbon treaty? Hmmm, I can't vote for that in the morning really due to the polling station not being close to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Polling stations open from something like 7am do they? I'll have to go home after work anyway so not much bother for me thankfully.

Change dates please.
    Time to update thread title with date, time and venue perhaps?

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Saturday October 10th.
    Stark wrote: »
    Polling stations open from something like 7am do they? I'll have to go home after work anyway so not much bother for me thankfully.

Ah c**p, I have to go to Galway to vote, but as I'm in college during the day I have to spend the night in Galway. Sorry guys, can't come :(

At the risk of derailling another thread, according to this, you still have time to be put on the supplementary register for your college address: http://www.checktheregister.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Saturday October 3rd
    Sounds good to me, I am in Dublin that weekend and would love to meet you all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Saturday October 3rd
    So, has a table been booked for this?
    Boston is out of the country right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Beruthiel wrote: »
    So, has a table been booked for this?

It's a small and very popular bar, I think the chances of booking a table on a Friday night are rather slim at best.

Saturday October 3rd
    azezil wrote: »
    It's a small and very popular bar, I think the chances of booking a table on a Friday night are rather slim at best.

Are you saying we should just invade the place and hope for the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Saturday October 3rd
    Seems like thats like the plan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Not to mention banned.

Plus, he has already said that he has no intention of organising this beers.

Saturday October 10th.
    His ban is over before the beers... anyways - theres no way you'll be able to book a table for later on in the evening in Pantibar anyway, thats for sure. Just need to get some people who can act expansive over seating to get in early.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Change dates please.
    So whos actually going?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I hope to go anyway (cleared my schedule a bit).

Saturday October 10th.
    I can't see any reason not to go, will be my sixth Friday in a row "on the gay" though!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Saturday October 3rd
    Ill pop in for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

Can't make it as I have a long standing trip to Donegal that weekend. Would have liked to get along to it though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Same here, except I'm going to Wexford - we will be as far away from each other as possible!:)

There will be another night soon I hope. I look forward to meeting Thaed, Beruthiel et al some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Well I should be in Pantibar anyway so I'll try and use my internet eye to spy ye out and say hi :)

• Advertisement

Saturday October 3rd
    Do you all know each other?

I know the BG&RH put condensed milk on the table so you know what table to go to.
    The Atheists bring dinosaurs. :)

What should the LGB forum have on the table?

No azezil, don't even think of answering that. I've already got your answer running through my mind and will now need a wire brush to remove it.

Advertisement