Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queer Beers - Pantibar Friday October 2nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I've no interest in attending.
    Well you're just no fun at all!
    Sigh *puts the tutu away*

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Beruthiel wrote: »
    No azezil, don't even think of answering that. I've already got your answer running through my mind and will now need a wire brush to remove it.

But we miss Pustulio :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Friday October 9th
    I'll be there (for my second boards beers in two nights - the TCD one is next Thursday); like the idea of something identifying being left on a table though, wandering around a bar asking people if they're from the internets can end badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I was going to say "I'll go if Shay goes" but he seems to have preempted me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Friday October 9th
    I'll be there. Looking forward to it.

Shay, I don't think we'll have to start asking people: last time I was at a boards meet, the group stuck out like a sore thumb :) . Although, as it turned out, somebody did have a can of condensed milk with them...

• Advertisement

Friday October 9th
    I was going to say "I'll go if Shay goes" but he seems to have preempted me.

In that case, I'll only go if you turn up at the TCD beers the night before and make me feel less old. :D
    Aard wrote:
    Shay, I don't think we'll have to start asking people: last time I was at a boards meet, the group stuck out like a sore thumb :) Although, as it turned out, somebody did have a can of condensed milk with them...

Always ecouraging :D But still problematic for the first couple of people to get there - Boardsies may be obvious as a group, but less so in smaller numbers. Plus, it's painfully awkward if your instincts are wrong and you ask the wrong people if they're from the internet...

(Oh, and I had no clue what the condensed milk thing was about so I Googled it, and have spent the last half hour or so reading the boards wiki. Cheers for that)

shay_562 wrote: »
    In that case, I'll only go if you turn up at the TCD beers the night before and make me feel less old. :D
    I can't go to the TCD beers (Ive cancelled on someone 3 thursdays in a row, and I fear doing so for a fourth time could end in me being disinherited), so I've shifted my expectations of drunken debauchery from Thursday to Friday night. I expect you and Boston to the same. Fun shall be had!

Friday October 9th
    I can't go to the TCD beers...so I've shifted my expectations of drunken debauchery from Thursday to Friday night. I expect you and Boston to the same. Fun shall be had!

I'd like to think I still have enough student energy in me to manage two nights in a row of drunken debauchery. But deadly - if Boston'll be there too, the chances of me recognising a boardsie just doubled!

, it's painfully awkward if your instincts are wrong and you ask the wrong people if they're from the internet...
    Well I doubt you'll have any shortage of people "from the internet" in Panti bar on a Friday night, best to be a bit more specific ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Saturday October 3rd
    For lack of a better suggestion, Az, bring your tutu.
    The pink one.
    Wearing it is optional.

• Advertisement

Gleeeeee!!!! *\o/*

Passed by Panti last night around 8. It was quiet enough. Shouldnt have any problem finding tables and chairs.

Saturday October 3rd
    Well done on the recon mission. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Change dates please.
    Right couple of ground rules

1. No cameras.
    We've never allowed cameras at Queer beers in the past, the reason being that there will definitely be some people there who've never gone to a gay bar before and don't want to have their image plastered up on boards.ie.

2. No underaged people.
    Just reiterating the law and boards policy. That said, its not my job, or anyone else's to check your legal age, that's the bouncers role.

3. All are Welcome.
    Gay, straight, Bi, Trans, undecided, curious, young and old are welcome once you behave in line with the bars own rules and treat everyone who attends with the same level of respect you'd wish to be shown.

Thats pretty much it. Can't think of anything else.

This is me from a few years back. There will probably be a sign on a table indicating that its a boards.ie event.

Saturday October 3rd
    Boston wrote: »
    old are welcome

That's me covered then. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

I might drop in, I don't know yet.

Friday October 9th
    Boston wrote:
    There will probably be a sign on a table indicating that its a boards.ie event.

Huzzah! Something nice and theoretically unambiguous! Unless Beer Guts & Receding Hairlines decide to push the boat out for their next beers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Change dates please.
    I might drop in, I don't know yet.

Do, I like to know if you're actually my doppelgänger.
    Huzzah! Something nice and theoretically unambiguous! Unless Beer Guts & Receding Hairlines decide to push the boat out for their next beers...

Something like BOARDS.IE might work, I'll probably also be wearing a somewhat distinctive Judo t-shirt (I'll post up an image of which closer to the date)

I'll bring my sombrero.

Friday October 9th
    I'll bring my sombrero.

...please don't let that be a joke?

• Advertisement

...please don't let that be a joke?
    I never joke.

So, there was this married couple who lived in isolation on top of a mountain, who would only ever come down on occasions such as weddings and funerals of family members. Anyway, for one such funeral, the couple made their way down from the mountain. After the event, the crowd split into groups of men and women. The the husband talked about livestock and crops and such while the wife listened to the other ladies gossip. A phrase came up in the ladies' conversation that the wife had never heard before. That night, after returning to their home on the mountain, the wife turns to her husband with a worried and confused look and says 'Do we have "sexual relations?"'

The husband has a little think before responding, "Sure, if we had wouldn't we have seen them at the funeral?"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Saturday October 3rd
    Unless a good excuse not to crops up in the meantime, I plan to attend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

Yep, I rarely turn down an opportunity to go for a beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hey guys, thinkin about goin to this as my first "gay" outting, never even been in a gay bar, are you expectin many people there? and what age groups? im 22 myself. and how does a conversation start when you know no one there? (id be goin alone)

unregd wrote: »
    hey guys, thinkin about goin to this as my first "gay" outting, never even been in a gay bar, are you expectin many people there? and what age groups? im 22 myself. and how does a conversation start when you know no one there? (id be goin alone)

I like open with "so... what colour panties do you've got on?" ^_^

Saturday October 3rd
    Ignore Az.
    It's difficult, but it can be done.
    hey guys, thinkin about goin to this as my first "gay" outting, never even been in a gay bar, are you expectin many people there? and what age groups? im 22 myself.

22 to ... ahem... older... :)
    and how does a conversation start when you know no one there?

Start with this:

"Why hello there Beruthiel.
    You look just fab tonight and that bottle of wine you've got inside you is hardly noticable at all!
    Buy you a drink?"

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Saturday October 3rd

Im 20 so theres a whole mix of ages going. I dont know any of the boardsies either and i imagine not everyone going will either so there are others in the same boat.

I'll amend what Beruthiel said about conversation starting, you want it to sound more like

"Why hello there Cotwold.
    You look handsome
    Buy you a drink?" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 68,703 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Saturday October 10th.
    Will people be hanging around Pantibar all night or will there be a drunken falling over to one of the clubs later? No improvement in last orders time anymore of course, but there is Charlies IV to be had...

Saturday October 3rd
    cotwold wrote: »

"Why hello there Cotwold.
    You look handsome
    Buy you a drink?" :P

Get in line there young un!

• Advertisement

I find "hello" to be a great opener.

I for one plan to get very "merry".

Advertisement