Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unjustified warning

Options
  • 02-09-2009 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭

I usually take a warning or anything else around here as they are, without moaning as it is just another persons perspective and previously there usually has been some grounds

however in the Christianity forum > Why did Jesus have to die to save mankind? > I posted a legitimate post (dont know how to link) and got a warning - I feel my post was relevant to the topic and induced thought

I have asked PDN to reconsider without success

may I have a second/third opinion please?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Link please?

Copy the url and post it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

It was a nonsensical post that made no effort to add to the subject under discussion (Christ's suffering on the Cross, and was it necessary and sufficient to pay for the sins of men).

Your post read:
    Does this mean that the same thing cannot happen again today as if Christ returned and wanted to save us from our sins then the most punishment he could legally suffer (in most countries) is a few months in prison.

1. We were discussing what happened 2000 years with no hint of it ever being repeated, let alone today.

2. Every country in the world has penalties in their penal code that extend beyond a few months in prison. Many countries still permit torture and execution.

3. There is no relevance whatsoever in what is legal since everyday people suffer attacks and torture that are not specified in any legal code.

In fact the question was so nonsensical that I feel ridiculous myself in engaging with it even if it is only for the purpose of pointing out its silliness. I think it should be clear why I felt you were just tossing crap into a discussion in order to derail the thread.

You are now appealing the yellow card (which, after all, is only a warning) on the grounds that you were asking a serious question. I'm sorry, but I find that incredibly hard to believe.

Thanks PDN - with the greatest of respect I was not requesting your explanation of the warning, and as said above I have never appealed a previous warning - one of my reasons for appeal is based on the fact that if I now post again and it is not satisfactory to your views I will then receive a ban based partly on this warning

also that I believe my post to be valid and of relevance to the topic, to call it nonsensical I feel is unjust - to compare what has happened in the past to the possibility of what may happen in the present I feel is relevant and constructive to the topic

Can I get a decison in here please people?

• Advertisement

Is there anybody going to sort this out - i'm finding this very ignorant

Advertisement