Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Space: Extraction - hands-on

Options
  • 02-09-2009 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi all
    I saw the end of a Wii add on tv where the people were sitting in the dark and were scared playing some game

if you have seen it do you know if it was Dead Space: Extraction - hands-on and if you have played it , is it any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

FACEPALM wrote: »
    Hi all
    I saw the end of a Wii add on tv where the people were sitting in the dark and were scared playing some game

if you have seen it do you know if it was Dead Space: Extraction - hands-on and if you have played it , is it any good?

Its not DS:E, it is the one about the guy going up the haunted mountain ("Cursed Mountain" or something its called)

They wouldn't have had kids playing Dead Space: Extraction anyways, the first one was an 18s. DSE is supposed to be pretty good from the previews it has been getting though

Is it going to be a Wii-only release? I hope not! I want more Dead Space. Now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭FACEPALM

Wicknight wrote: »
    Its not DS:E, it is the one about the guy going up the haunted mountain ("Cursed Mountain" or something its called)

They wouldn't have had kids playing Dead Space: Extraction anyways, the first one was an 18s. DSE is supposed to be pretty good from the previews it has been getting though

Thanks wicknight

Cursed Mountain is indeed the game I was looking for but I think Dead Space: Extraction will be bought aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

aye and on rails aswell :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

It is Wii only (as sweetie says, it is on rails). Its is a prequel to the first game, I think a true sequel is planned which will probably be multi-format.

http://www.endsights.com/2009/07/27/two-dead-space-sequels-planned/

• Advertisement

As much as I love Dead Space, it sounds terrible if its on rails! It would be excellent to see a proper multi-platform prequel game, because the shorts they brought out before its launch were fantastic!

That being said, a sequel would be equally excellent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dead Space Extraction looks pretty good actually and, according to reports, plays pretty good too.
    The only way a game that visually demanding was going to the Wii was as an on rails shooter but, apparently, there is enough interaction to keep you interested.
    Not all onrails shooters are muck, certainly the House of the Dead pack, its sequel House of the Dead Overkill are all pretty damn good, so i'm looking forward to Dead Space Extraction, certainly the scope for set pieces could make it something special.

Advertisement