Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know where BIKO perform ?

Options
  • 02-09-2009 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

I saw BIKO (a six piece world music instrumental band) at the Walls Festival in Drogheda the weekend before last. They were just brilliant and I would love to see them again.

I asked the sound techie where they performed, and she gave me the name of some pub in north Drogheda. Unfortunately, the name has buried itself is some deep crevice in my brain and I cannot retrieve it!

They have no website of any kind and the only web search result I can get is the walls festival. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Kenteach

try them here: http://www.myspace.com/bikoband

They have a list of gigs, not sure how often its updated though. Is the pub you heard about The Black Bull by any chance, they've played a few times there and its also listed on the site above.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭eirman

Many thanks for pointing to that rather garish web page

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

eirman wrote: »
    I saw BIKO (a six piece world music instrumental band) at the Walls Festival in Drogheda the weekend before last. They were just brilliant and I would love to see them again.

I asked the sound techie where they performed, and she gave me the name of some pub in north Drogheda. Unfortunately, the name has buried itself is some deep crevice in my brain and I cannot retrieve it!

They have no website of any kind and the only web search result I can get is the walls festival. Can anyone help?

Many thanks ! im the drummer in the band .We have some gigs in Dublin at the end of september and will be recording an album soon .We should have some more gigs in Drogheda aswell but none are booked yet .Cheers for your comments :D What do you mean by garish ? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Kenteach

Many thanks ! im the drummer in the band .We have some gigs in Dublin at the end of september and will be recording an album soon .We should have some more gigs in Drogheda aswell but none are booked yet .Cheers for your comments :D What do you mean by garish ? :eek:

Which one are you then??!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Named after Steve? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Named after Steve? :)

YES indeed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

YES indeed :D

Good stuff. Must keep an eye out for ye.. :)

Advertisement