Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Voyager 210 ADSL Router

• 02-09-2009 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi all
    My dad has the router in the subject line above and it was working fine up to a week ago. Now the lights are displaying like this. The power light flashing on and off rapidly (RED). The internet light is doing the same (GREEN), and all the rest of the lights are on solid green.
    I have tried to reboot the device, tried unplugging all cables, but when the power is plugged in on its own the problem persists. I think it may be the unit itself or the power supply.
    If anyone can give me any info i would appreciate it!
    Thanx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Hi all
    My dad has the router in the subject line above and it was working fine up to a week ago. Now the lights are displaying like this. The power light flashing on and off rapidly (RED).

If the power light RED then the Router is gone and will need to be replaced. You should contact BT and get a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭FrDougalMcguire

Thanks Vanbis, I thought as much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

No probs, good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

How about trying a factory reset first?

You see the small pin sized hole at the back? Push something pin sized into it when the router is powered on, and hold it in until the device resets (the LED's behavior should indicate when it has).

Once you do that, and assuming that it worked and it seems fine again, you might have to re-configure some of the crucial settings via the web browser interface, to get Internet access (usually at address 192.168.1.1, with admin / admin being the default user / pass).

If that fails, then you're left with what Vanbis suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭FrDougalMcguire

Thanks DECEiFER I'll give that a go

• Advertisement
Advertisement