Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

negative edge,

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Just tested it.

It doesn't count as letting go of PPP/KKK, but the individual buttons simply do not work while PPP/KKK is held down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

I just like to give my opinion here. Kirby you let me use your pad last Saturday and I couldn't hold focus cause you had turbo on. It would have been pretty rude of me to speak my mind then. But eh yeah I was thinking "He's using turbo?? Uh-oooooh " :p

I've been involved in a few of these discussions over the years. I've always seen using turbo features in Street fighter as cheating, even since I was a kid.

Why the hell they add turbo features to the sticks and pads is always a questions I've asked.

I use a PS3 pad, and sure I can't do the piano motions, but I'm happy they let me map ppp kkk and give me the option to map grabs as well although I don't use it.

I was always under the impression, the whole reason the 6 button layout was "better" for controllers, was cause people could then use them with there fingers instead of their thumbs. Thus they can do things such as the piano key.

Imo... if your using your thumbs, then I think the PS3 pad would actually be better thanks to the shoulder buttons. You can press more buttons at the same time then you can on the madcatz pad. The reason I never got a madcatz pad was due to them not having 4 shoulder buttons. Only 2, and I didnt plan to use my fingers instead of my thumbs.

So yeah to sum my opinions on this topic up:

Tubro = big no no, no matter what controller you use.

As for mapping buttons? As far as I'm concerned mapping what ever the game lets you map is fair game no matter what controller you use, yes even the stick. I don't think it should be banned, should be up to the stick user if he wants to map or not.

(Off topic, yo ropedrink, you might be interested in this thread on SRK http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=206343 )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Pianoing barely works in this bloody game anyway, the windows are so wide you end up with ex moves all the ****ing time.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Er, thanks, though there's nothing noteworthy there for me, really.

Oh right sorry. well I dunno if you play anyone else but balrog but I posted it just in case it came in handy for yea. When I played a lot of 3s I fought many damn good keyboard warriors :pac: So I never saw the keyboard as being all that terrible at all and as I said I consider it better than the 360 pad for sure.

But it seems it is considered better then a pad by many so I guess looking at it as a disability might not be such an accurate thing to do at all. I know for sure when someone with a stick beats me, the thought of "well I'm only using a pad" never occurs to me. Having said that though I do feel I've hit a wall and am planning on going the way of the stick in the hope it'll improve my execution and general enjoyment of the game.

About your videos btw ropedrink, I couldnt help but notice....they're speeded up aint they? :P 110% in premeire or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think thats more a feature of youtube than his editing. I think its due to the compression they use, but quite alot of vids are "slighlty" sped up.

I've a bit of experience in this area, what can happen with youtube alright is video desync with the audio due to having a different frame rate to youtubes standard 30fps so when youtube converts it things mess up.

But it was actually the audio in ropedrinks vids that I 1st noticed, its at a slightly higher pitch and faster tempo, to which the video matches. I've heard that annoying announcer at the start of matches so many times at this stage that I noticed that slight difference there, its only ever so slightly faster then normal.

I'm gonna assume its due to ropedrinks recordings being slower then normal as he mentioned before due to the 30 fps or something so he speeded it up in premiere to try and have it moving right. I've done similar things before myself.

Of course I could be totally wrong though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

while holding PPP/KKK for TAP

The bolded text, been meaning to ask this, and it's not in any of the glossaries I've found, but what does TAP stand for?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

L31mr0d wrote: »
    The bolded text, been meaning to ask this, and it's not in any of the glossaries I've found, but what does TAP stand for?

TAP =Balrog's Turn Around Punch,the one you charge 3p/3k for.

Yeah that 10min youtube thing can be a bitch, at least its not limited to 100mb anymore I guess hehe.

I've been cheeky with some of my vids, you can pretty much nick an extra minute on there so its really an 11min limit. Try to time the vid to 10:59 and it should work, although one of my vids does register as 11:00 on youtube and all and still works. That extra 59/60 seconds can be a lifesaver sometimes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement