Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deely's closed - shut down?

Options
  • 02-09-2009 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

Was in town earlier looking to buy some clothes for himself and went down to Deely's and they were closed... kinda. The doors were shut, shutters down, and Mr. Deely (i think) was outside. The lights were on in the shop too and there was a guy in there looking out the door with a none too happy face on. I thought maybe they were holding a guy in there or something til Gardai showed up. I went by again about an hour later and the same story but they had chair outside and sitting down! I suppose I should have asked but they didn't seem too happy. Been thinking about it since....... would it be the landlord trying to lock them out for not paying their rent or something? Seems the only reason as there wasn't any gardai about and I can't imagine them not getting a locksmith or something if there was a problem with the door..... Anyone know whats up there?....... is it a "sit-OUT"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Yeah, saw John Deely sitting at the door of the shop today on a chair. Obviously locked out as there were people inside. Don't know what's going on though. It looked a strange one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭sells

I think its time old John Deely payed back his debt to the mafia.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

sells wrote: »

Explain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭sam69

sells wrote: »

Would that be the cashmere mafia?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sells, what do you mean exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

It is a real shame to see. John Deelys have been in business serving the Galway people for as far back as I can remember. Anytime I went in there I always got a pleasant reception and it always felt like an easy place to have a browse around. John himself was always very personable too. I for one will be saddened to see them go if that is in fact the case. It must be a very hard market to trade in these days especially in such a high rent area.

Unconfirmed rumor is that the landlord is a *^$&*(& and doubled the rent in recent times) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That's it, no more rumours/guesses/speculations/allegations.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement