Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

generation yes biochip thread closed!

Options
  • 02-09-2009 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

on the politics forum a thread which featured a generation yes(pro lisbon interest group) youtube video.
    In this video there is a brief glimpse of a biochip/verichip which was not in context with the rest of the video. It is pretty odd.
    Now in the course of the thread yes leaning posters starting saying this was a conspiracy and thus a mod locked the thread. No one mentioned anything about a conspiracy until then.

To be clear this is not a conspiracy thread. This video was created by generation yes.
    here it is:

the image is at 55 seconds and is completly out of context with the rest of the video.

I think the mod got is wires crossed or something cause there is no good reason to lock this thread, the vid is there for all to see and no explaination is forth coming as of yet from generation yes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

bumping this

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Links please.

this is the first thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055670424

this is the second thread created after the first was locked and then moved to the ct forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055670518

this still hasnt been dealt with

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Believe it or not, the site Admins do not sit here 24/7 awaiting your posts.

I'm sure Gordon will come back to this as soon as he has time.

• Advertisement

The raison d'etre of the thread was discussion on the chip, the OP even linked conspiracy theories with the video due to the music in the first post, that's where the conspiracy link started. Doesn't look like there would have been much of an actual discussion on the video - just the conspiracy aspects of the chip, hence it belonged elsewhere.

Have you spoken with the mods about this?

no i havent challenged the mod for fear of a infraction/banning.
    I think his actions was quite abrupt and uncalled for, no reason was given for locking and moving of the thread.I beleive the mod was knee jerk in his reaction.

Imo the chip is not a conspiracy, they exist and are used in many areas, dementia, child care etc, albeit in america. I tried to highlight this but was ignored.

A few posters have said that the video is pretty strange here and over in p.ie also so i dont think im alone in being kinda shocked. If it was an attempt at satire then it was a piss poor attempt. There is members of that organisation here so it is reasonable to ask them for there opinions on the video.

I also need to apologise for being impatient, i was under the impression that the help desk was a place where all the mods hung out and that issues where dealt with swiftly! Sorry!

and thanks

No prob. The mod isn't going to ban you for PMing him, send him a PM, if there are people from that actual group on boards then maybe they can explain the link to the public.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

From the opening post, it was clear that a conspiracy theory was being suggested. That suggestion was reinforced repeatedly during the course of the thread. The EU forum is for serious discussion of political issues relating to the EU - that thread doesn't qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Gordon wrote: »
    No prob. The mod isn't going to ban you for PMing him, send him a PM, if there are people from that actual group on boards then maybe they can explain the link to the public.

The context is quite clear from the video - it relates to the claims made by the No side in the last referendum, which included microchipping babies. It may actually be part of the presentation the pictures segue into immediately afterwards.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
Advertisement