Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ducati driver on M7 fix your rear light

• 02-09-2009 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭

first off, I am not a biker and never will be. Too scared. Sorry for highjacking the forum.

I came out of saggart on to M7 tonight with a Ducati behind me. Best sound I have ever heard from any bike. Even at rest waiting to get on to the roundabout was a fantastic sound. Bike was 96 KE ....(could'nt get the rest). Red (seems all ducati's are looking at the website) with nice fat tank and dual exhaust (one each side). Beautiful looking machine. Rider is experienced and good but the rear light is out and does'nt seem to have a brake light either. If you are on this forum or know the person can you tell him he disappeared into the spray on the wet road while keeping it at 100 to 120kph at a very short distance. Fix the rear light please.

Finally, if you are on the forum can you provide a link to a picture of that machine. It was stunning.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

You raise a valid point dude, I (actually am a biker) saw a couple of bikes today not running lights. I know most newer ones can't switch them off, so as a rider, you don't tend to notice them not working unless you perform a regular check on all functions and features (some say before each time you get on the bike).

The rainy weather can cause havoc with bike electrics if it gets into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

nereid wrote: »

Especially Ducati's ;)

Only bike I've ever see go on fire after a little water managed to get into the headlight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭Damien360

KamiKazi wrote: »

Not 100% sure I saw the frame exposed like that below the tank but pretty sure that is very like it. Picture taken in Whitewater carpark in Newbridge by the look of it. Can I assume that is yours and you are the M7 biker ? Got a rear shot of exhaust profile ?

Damien360 wrote: »
    Not 100% sure I saw the frame exposed like that below the tank but pretty sure that is very like it. Picture taken in Whitewater carpark in Newbridge by the look of it. Can I assume that is yours and you are the M7 biker ? Got a rear shot of exhaust profile ?

Nah its not mine, its Zascars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Can I assume that is yours and you are the M7 biker ? Got a rear shot of exhaust profile ?
    No you can't assume this at all! Kami has an old bike he keeps crashing! :D :P

No you can't assume this at all! Kami has an old bike he keeps crashing! :D :P

I don't crash it, gravity just conspires against me :P

Nah its not mine, its Zascars.

Can you tell him to get his rear lights fixed. Would be a shame to wreak a very nice bike and an experienced careful biker.

Can you tell him to get his rear lights fixed. Would be a shame to wreak a very nice bike and an experienced careful biker.

He moderates this forum, I'm sure he'll see this thread before long ;)

• Advertisement

Thats it. Beautiful machine with fantastic sound. thanks for the pics.

Look great! But they're Ducati so they don't work very well...

Ducati: making mechanics out of riders since 1946

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

nereid wrote: »
    You raise a valid point dude, I (actually am a biker) saw a couple of bikes today not running lights. I know most newer ones can't switch them off, so as a rider, you don't tend to notice them not working unless you perform a regular check on all functions and features (some say before each time you get on the bike).

I'd never have lights on during the day unless it has lights that cannot be switched off. So the KZ750 goes without, the Lead has them on as there is no choice, same with the KZ1300. Lights are for night time. Not having break lights is a poor idea, though. Oddly these days the only dry weather is at night, so I now have lights on for all pleasure rides. Very occasionally the backlighting on the KZ750's dials goes off, though every other light remains on. I might check through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ha ha the moderator being a bold boy. You must feel hardcore now like that other tit lol.

Sound out of Damo to come looking for ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

I don't crash it, gravity just conspires against me :P

No no, you actually do keep crashing...

Advertisement