Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courtown

Options
  • 02-09-2009 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi all, going to courtown for the weekend, does anyone know were there is any entertainment in pubs hotels, many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

the wexford forum, but you could always try paddy blues :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Ambrose pub usually has a band on a Friday or Saturday night so does Jimmy's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

don't forget your tracksuit and johnnie blue if you want to fit in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Would've thought that Courtown should be dead around this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Mrs JackDaniels

It's dead alright thank god we have it back to ourselves!! as far as night life goes you would be better off going out in Gorey Frenches, Paddy Blues ,The Coach House, Nell Sweeneys and 02 I would highly recommend and if you wanna stay around Courtown Jimmyz in riverchapel is your best bet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

It's dead alright thank god we have it back to ourselves!!

Why was it a bad year with the awful Dubs down there?

thegen wrote: »
    It's dead alright thank god we have it back to ourselves!!

Why was it a bad year with the awful Dubs down there?

yeah it seems to get worse all the time tbh but then again we have alot of the dubs living down here now!!
    Actually to be fair the southsiders are much harder to put up with, give me a northsider any day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Nothing wrong with the Dubs, I'm an ex Dub myself and the place would be dead twelve months of the year without them.
    It's Captain Pugwash and the sailing fraternity that are the real pain in the a*se. They Lord it all over the place, spend no money in the town and this year seemed to go out of their way to park their FWDs and trailers to block the new disabled bays and the slips. We could manage without those pr*cks.

Have to agree, I'm a Dub that spends the summer in Ballymoney and without Dubliners visiting the area in large numbers every year the place would not survive. And I'm one of the dreaded southsiders that spends a lot of money in all the local suppliers be it Petits, or the pubs or the shops my wife likes to spend her Dublin euros in.

And my kids actually support Wexford albeit after Dublin through the summer or as long as we both last in the championship, which recently has been bad.

oh jaysus the ballymoney'ers they are the worst, that is exactly the type who lord it over everyting when they are down, don't even get me started on the kids..........

• Advertisement

oh jaysus the ballymoney'ers they are the worst, that is exactly the type who lord it over everyting when they are down, don't even get me started on the kids..........

Go on you might as well. You seem the type of person to give out for the sake of giving out or is it the bottle in you sig!!!!

I can speak from both sides. I was a Ballymoney'er for many years as a Dub growing up and have spent the last 23 years living in Wexford Town. I have to agree that generally, they are awful arrogant prigs who seem to think that they are part of the fabric of the community. Tourist money is essential for a lot of towns in Ireland but accept the point that's all you are, tourists. Enjoy your stay and please, do come again.

oldyouth wrote: »
    I can speak from both sides. I was a Ballymoney'er for many years as a Dub growing up and have spent the last 23 years living in Wexford Town. I have to agree that generally, they are awful arrogant prigs who seem to think that they are part of the fabric of the community. Tourist money is essential for a lot of towns in Ireland but accept the point that's all you are, tourists. Enjoy your stay and please, do come again.

OK, so generally you are an ex old prig then? Generalisation is a terrible thing. I take what you are saying on board but if I was to generalise and judge all people in Wex based on 11.00pm in Gorey I would think they are all alcholic inbreds, but that is just a generalisation based on seeing a late night in the town.

I really enjoy Wexford each and every year. I am from a family whose parents were both from the country so I feel I can view it from both sides too.

So in summary there are prigs in all parts of our society.

OK, so generally you are an ex old prig then? Generalisation is a terrible thing. I take what you are saying on board but if I was to generalise and judge all people in Wex based on 11.00pm in Gorey I would think they are all alcholic inbreds, but that is just a generalisation based on seeing a late night in the town.

I really enjoy Wexford each and every year. I am from a family whose parents were both from the country so I feel I can view it from both sides too.

So in summary there are prigs in all parts of our society.
    100% that I am an ex-prig and when you are talking about aspects of our society, you can only really generalise. Of course there are knobheads wherever you go in this fine country, it is just the collective attitude of Ballymoney'ers that gets on the tit of a lot of locals

oldyouth wrote: »
    100% that I am an ex-prig and when you are talking about aspects of our society, you can only really generalise. Of course there are knobheads wherever you go in this fine country, it is just the collective attitude of Ballymoney'ers that gets on the tit of a lot of locals

I will have to refrain from talking to the locals in case I offend them then.
    Pity that as I did get on with some of the old guys that would have a beer in the Tara Vale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Pity that as I did get on with some of the old guys that would have a beer in the Tara Vale.

Don't worry, there are plenty of locals in Ballymoney, (and elsewhere) who would pass the knobhead exam with flying colours.
    This is a general trait which has IMO, developed with the Celtic tiger generation. It as seen as somehow "uncool" to be civil and accommodating to your neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭magotch07

thegen i would be in the same both as you i have being spenidng summers in ballymoney for the last 22 years since im 25 now i have basically grown up down there.....i would agree with the locals that in recent years the village has been plagued with a breed of cockheads....spending summers in ballymoney from the time i was 3 i got to know alot of the locals around the beach road...i think the over development of the area has ruined it

magotch07 wrote: »
    thegen i would be in the same both as you i have being spenidng summers in ballymoney for the last 22 years since im 25 now i have basically grown up down there.....i would agree with the locals that in recent years the village has been plagued with a breed of cockheads....spending summers in ballymoney from the time i was 3 i got to know alot of the locals around the beach road...i think the over development of the area has ruined it

Are you talking about the road opp Cullens or the one opp Tara Vale?
    Opp Tara Vale has estate type buils which I am not in favour of but opp Cullens the one off buils seem fine to me. I have never insultedor talked down to a local so generalising all people who spend the summer in Ballymoney was what I was getting at. Sure there are always ar$eholes in every part of society, but to generalise is wrong.

Anyway all locked up for the winter now.

Advertisement