Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop broadband

Options
  • 02-09-2009 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

How do I get broadband on my dell inspiron?I just want to use it around the house.I have eircom broadband on my computer.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

mufc4lfe wrote: »
    How do I get broadband on my dell inspiron?I just want to use it around the house.I have eircom broadband on my computer.

I know it sounds pernicity but you dont 'have' broadband on a computer.

You access broadband with a computer. In your case you have access to bb via your router/modem.

If you are a relatively recent customer of Eircom you will probably have a wireless router. If so it will have an aerial. if it isnt a recent model then you either need to but a new wireless router/modem or ask Eircom very nicely to send you out a new one.

You turn on the wireless option on your laptop - if it is not a recent laptop then you will need to buy a wireless card for it.

Your laptop will then 'see' your wireless network and you can live happily ever after.

For the awkward bits like joining the network, wireless security and so on you really need to tell us more.

At the moment though I am doing more work on your problem than you are so time to get off your ass and do some digging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

dub45 wrote: »
    At the moment though I am doing more work on your problem than you are so time to get off your ass and do some digging.
    That's a little bit harsh, isn't it? He only asked a simple question, but you did answer it more than sufficiently.

But, mufc4lfe, you will need to give out more details, should you continue to face difficulty. Also, change your team. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

DECEiFER wrote: »
    That's a little bit harsh, isn't it? He only asked a simple question, but you did answer it more than sufficiently.

Bad hair day:)

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Bad hair day:)
    No such thing, at least for me. My hair's a fashion statement for bad 24/7. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Sorry, not intended at you. :) At least you have hair!

It was a little harsh but I hadn't wanted to comment. Mods don't like me (on other forums).

• Advertisement

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Sorry, not intended at you. :) At least you have hair!

It was a little harsh but I hadn't wanted to comment. Mods don't like me (on other forums).
    Oh I know yeah. :P

The thing about being a moderator is that sometimes things can get a bit tedious, and that's annoying, so it's easy to take it out on someone, even if only a little bit, like in this case.

Advertisement