Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights in dublin mountains

Options
  • 02-09-2009 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭

Is everyone out looking at them???!! aliens wooot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭FACEPALM

Light bulbs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

No, my alien eyes cannot see that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

No!!! Lanterns mooot

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Dublin Mountains?

That's probably my cousin's house on fire or something... nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Switch on fm104 there talking about it the past 30 mins and loads of people ringing in...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

dunno what they are so it must be god.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Could someone go up there and report back please? I'll be going to bed at around 11 so get your skates on.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 HighMan

Pics please

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

I have to admit i've seen them too. They reseble the northern lights somewhat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Its me..........im trying out these new lightbulbs........got dem attached to the cats again!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

we're the first, last, and only line of defence angainst the worst scum in the universe
    men%20in%20black%20SPLASH.jpg

_JOE_ wrote: »
    I have to admit i've seen them too. They reseble the northern lights somewhat...

Ah ha! The lesser-spotted Great Eastern Lights of the Dublin Mountains.

If anyone is listening to fm104 this is weird all planes in dublin airport delayed and then the runway lights are off in baldonnel

are these lights flying around in an unusual fashion or are they actually on the mountains?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

freaky ****

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭alfaz

Someone get a picture of it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i live in edenmore and there is a good view of the mountains from the springdale road so i walked down and had a look. i saw 2 large flashes that couldnt have been spots. weird stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

Has anyone got any pictures of these i havent seen them

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Could see 2 large spots above sandyford on the mountain. Looks like large halogens to me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Have it on good authority that this is a large floodlit mast on one of the mountains simple exxagerated by the fog.

• Advertisement

There supposed to be floating in the sky, how could u make a light shine in the sky that bright that we can see it from all over the city weird

Well it could be light refracting back off clouds thus making the whole sky glow. It happens all the time with the New shamrock rovers stadium in Tallaght. This effect will be amplified by the low lying clouds this evening. Light can be manipulated by atmosphere.

As for the flights.... have you seen the weather.. of course there are delays at the airport:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Haven't seen anything from here all evening, generally have a perfectly clear view of the mountains. I'd go with the mast theory though.

As for the planes in the airport, could be cause the visibility is so low this evening. Dreadful...

Although, District 9 eh? It'd have to be on the friggin' southside...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

Proxy wrote: »
    Haven't seen anything from here all evening, generally have a perfectly clear view of the mountains. I'd go with the mast theory though.

As for the planes in the airport, could be cause the visibility is so low this evening. Dreadful...

Although, District 9 eh? Could it'd have to be on the friggin' southside...

Yes it's a kip ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I'm looking out in Finglas and I can't see anything at all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

deelite wrote: »
    I'm looking out in Finglas and I can't see anything at all

Et moi.

But considering the conditions out are so bad, its not surprising. And I usually have quite a good view of the mountains from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

I live in stepaside up the mountain and I can see the whole of dublin out as far as howth and I haven't seen as much as a flicker!!I think its just a lot of exageration.I do think that it could be the lights from the mast on the top of the hill behind me..that is why I probably cant see it from here I am just below it so cant see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

listermint wrote: »
    Well it could be light refracting back off clouds thus making the whole sky glow. It happens all the time with the New shamrock rovers stadium in Tallaght. This effect will be amplified by the low lying clouds this evening. Light can be manipulated by atmosphere.

Could to true, think there was an Irish Under 19's match in there tonight.

EDIT* Supposely the match is next Tuesday, not tonight.

I can see this in the Star Tomorrow ... ugh

• Advertisement

Could to true, think there was an Irish Under 19's match in there tonight.

EDIT* Supposely the match is next Tuesday, not tonight.

Its not over Tallaght, i was stating that the Floods from the stadium give the same effect. There is a mast above stepaside which would give a similar effect because of the cloud cover

Advertisement