Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights in dublin mountains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

has anyone got an answer to what these were

Floodlights in the distance with the low cloud and blowing trees in the distance giving the illusion of it moving and changing shade

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

i'm on the 7th floor in tallaght and i saw nothing. very disappointed. i could've done with the excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Floodlights in the distance with the low cloud and blowing trees in the distance giving the illusion of it moving and changing shade
    well thats disappointing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Its the headlights from the jeeps of the maintenance workers up at the aerials/masts on three rock mountain. I live just at the bottom of the mountain and see it all the time, its just that the fog exaggerates the light alot and the road down from there is very whindy and can make them shine at weird angles and that.
    It used to scare me quite alot as a kid because i didnt know what was going on! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭KenH

Jeep headlights? Should they move? The one's above the trees in my pictures didn't move.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61927695&postcount=58

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

well thats disappointing:D

Ok sorry it was Beings from another Galaxy disposing of the remnants from the Air France Jet that mysteriously disappeared in the Bermuda Triangle a few months ago ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

jimbis wrote: »
    Its the headlights from the jeeps of the maintenance workers up at the aerials/masts on three rock mountain. I live just at the bottom of the mountain and see it all the time, its just that the fog exaggerates the light alot and the road down from there is very whindy and can make them shine at weird angles and that.
    It used to scare me quite alot as a kid because i didnt know what was going on! LOL

i hope people are taking their reality pills and not just assuming that a jeeps headlights are the cause. some people were talking about tumbling lights who knows anyway. hundreads of people seen a jeeps headlights and tought it was a ufo which is located in the sky than on a mountain. it's always a killer to make out any light at night but if it's movements are eratic then i'm interested if the lights were stable without movement then forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Well i didnt see it myself so i cant compare but i know from experience that it does look very unrealistic and has caused alot of confusion around here with people.
    Another thing to keep in mind is they do film up there a bit, and film crews use some big ass lights! The start of the eurovision riverdance performance (believe it or not lol) was filmed up there and could be seen from my house!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Jaysus, just noticed this thread now.
    No need to worry folks.
    Myself and two mates were up in the mountains lamping earlier.
    We started off with just a white torch but then we switched to a green filter in the hope that the wee foxes wouldnt be scared.
    Good news overall though. We shot two foxes and three rabbits. :D

The above may not be true.

Jaysus, just noticed this thread now.
    No need to worry folks.
    Myself and two mates were up in the mountains lamping earlier.
    We started off with just a white torch but then we switched to a green filter in the hope that the wee foxes wouldnt be scared.
    Good news overall though. We shot two foxes and three rabbits. :D

"The above may not be true".

LOL funny. now i know what i seen back then it was dancing flashing legs in the nightsky from the riverdance team i see it all so clearly now. that put's my mind at rest ahhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

zenno wrote: »
    that put's my mind at rest ahhh

Thats what Im here for. If you ever need a shoulder to cry on, or just a friendly ear, you know who to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

i'd love to know what airline pilots make of this and their own experiences, what they have seen throughout their life of flying. but as we all know alot of pilots out there have seen strange craft at 36,000 ft or lower and are just too afraid to tell ground control radar station either because they might lose their job for saying such things that after all are not supposed to exist. i will say one thing though, technology nowadays is so farout that some but not all could be top secret military aircraft from the uk or america overflying our airspace. the only people i trust when it comes to ufo sightings are pilots. but unfortunatly they have too much to lose by talking about such things it's a pitty though.

Hal1 wrote: »

hahahahaha thats a classic man lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 zerotolerance

I was at the Hellfire club at that time taking some pictures, there was a very low cloud bank and that combined with a powerful torch could have been attributed to some of the lights seen. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paradisepaddy

:D

That sheep vid was some funny $hit......

IrelandSightings.com
    IrishSightings.com
    NorthernIrelandSightings.com
    DublinSightings.com

have just been registered.

PP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I was at the Hellfire club at that time taking some pictures, there was a very low cloud bank and that combined with a powerful torch could have been attributed to some of the lights seen. ;)

I was up the top of the Hellfireclub at 10pm with a vey powerful torch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭FACEPALM

Did anyone find out what it was

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

A light thats was aliens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

can someone post photos of these lights. I heard about them last nite didnt see them but

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paradisepaddy

cable842 wrote: »
    can someone post photos of these lights. I heard about them last nite didnt see them but

exactly, apparently the lines on FM104 were jammed with callers seeing the same thing. someones gotta have good vids/photos with all the new technology out there. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

any more photos lads they were cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Galwaybuzz

definatly UFOs!!! There everywhere these days!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭afatbollix

did ya hear the man on saying it was aliens and that he was scared to go outside his house...

I allmost crashed the car with laughter..

Yeah. And another said he was right under the lights in Sandyford. I don't think so. And another could see them from Dundalk (I think). Funny stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 zerotolerance

Grimes wrote: »
    I was up the top of the Hellfireclub at 10pm with a vey powerful torch

Very powerful indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

afatbollix wrote: »
    did ya hear the man on saying it was aliens and that he was scared to go outside his house...

I allmost crashed the car with laughter..
    Bricks and mortar will stop the impending invasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭FACEPALM

I think its time to call
    william-shatner-why-yes.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

haha well I never heard a thing on the radio of this, but gotta say its pretty creepy.

Any more news on it?

Advertisement