Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mother and baby/toddler groups

Options
  • 02-09-2009 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi.. Does anyone know of a mother and baby group in north dublin? Preferably near santry d.9? Need to get babs mixing with other babs :)
    Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 higildy

Hi! Don't know if you are still looking for a mother and baby group in Santry area? I posted up a note on rollercoaster yesterday to see if anyone knows of any also! Will let you know if I get a respose! I mentioned on my post that if none exists, why don't we set one up? Even just a meet for a coffee once a week? I have one response so far from a mum of one year old twins who thinks the same and is suggesting a meet at Costa in Omni. Will keep you posted if you are still interested!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 higildy

Just putting it out there that myself and another mum are meeting in the Crowne Plaza hotel at 3pm next Wednesday the 4th November! So, maybe see you there?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Contact your local Childcare Committee or even Public Health Nurse as they would normally have a list of all the local ones. Also local libraby may run one as a lot of them do or at the least they may know of local ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

There is a mother and toddler group in the church hall in Whitehall every wednesday morning. My wife goes there and finds it great.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lalalulu

higildy wrote: »
    Hi! Don't know if you are still looking for a mother and baby group in Santry area? I posted up a note on rollercoaster yesterday to see if anyone knows of any also! Will let you know if I get a respose! I mentioned on my post that if none exists, why don't we set one up? Even just a meet for a coffee once a week? I have one response so far from a mum of one year old twins who thinks the same and is suggesting a meet at Costa in Omni. Will keep you posted if you are still interested!!

Hi Higildy, thanks for the reply. I found a mother and baby group at the back of northwood in santry it's called geraldstown house. It's a drop in creche from 10.30 till around 1pm on thursday's so bascially you can call in at anytime from 10.30. The girl's who run it are lovely, very friendly and helpful and it's free of charge. It's the first right at the day's hotel on santry avenue.
    Sending you a pm now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 MooMoo100

Jumbo 156 was just wondering if that group was still running in Whitehall church hall, would love to take my son but find it difficult to find any details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You local baby nurse will have a listing of all the groups in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Just wondering about these mother and baby groups and if they allow fathers to attend or is the answer in the title?! My OH does shift work, which means her is often off work during the day when I am not free and would like to attend some kind of group with our little fella but he's convinced he'll be the only father there, which although not the end of the world would make him feel a bit uncomfortable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Usually they are billed as Toddler and parent groups and Dads are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

Sure is, my wife is still going every wednesday morning. It is in the Centre behind the church in Whitehall.
    Here ya go

http://www.whitehall.dublindiocese.ie/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=110&Itemid=119

• Advertisement
Advertisement