Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New sports store in the city

• 02-09-2009 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭

Was doing some shopping in the city today and noticed a new sports store being stocked in the old DIY(I think it was called Atlantic Homecare) store across from Dunnes stores.Anyone know what store is going to be there?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

It was Enterprise, not Atlantic. And I did see the posters in the window about the new sports store, but I can't remember the name now :( I'm not sure it is part of any major chain. Not one I'd heard of anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭well butty

It will be nice to see some activity in that property. The DIY store was always inappropriate for its city centre location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I thought it was a gym at 1st which I would have rathered it be it would have maybe kept the city centre going a little longer than 6 most nights? Theres Alfie Hales already there right around the corner as well so I dont think competetion is a good thing during these times unless the prices are alot cheaper which I can't see them being.

Like that music shop that opened arcross from palmers was closed after several months? No need for the same thing so close imo.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Waynecarr

Sportsworld who are a crowd from Wexford are moving in. Saw jobs advertised recently. Nice to see that and the new outdoor shop on the quay opening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Waynecarr wrote: »
    Nice to see that and the new outdoor shop on the quay opening
    Where on the quay is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Waynecarr

Down beside the handmade furniture comapny where Tony O'Farrell furniture use to be. Windows covered over at the moment with big posters saying largest outdoor store in south east opening in the Autumn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Waynecarr wrote: »
    Down beside the handmade furniture comapny where Tony O'Farrell furniture use to be. Windows covered over at the moment with big posters saying largest outdoor store in south east opening in the Autumn

I was just saying last week it was ridiculous that a city has only 1 small outdoor shop. Someone has spotted a decent niche there. The only concern I'd have is the location of the shop. Is it down by the Munster Express end of the quay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Trotter wrote: »
    I was just saying last week it was ridiculous that a city has only 1 small outdoor shop. Someone has spotted a decent niche there. The only concern I'd have is the location of the shop. Is it down by the Munster Express end of the quay?

It's actually the army shop moving, so there'll still only be one outdoor shop!

JPA wrote: »
    It's actually the army shop moving, so there'll still only be one outdoor shop!

Doh.. I thought it was going to be a Great Outdoors type place.. Ah well.. nearly.. At least we've blaas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

Great outdoors were eyeing up a sight on Stephen Street for a while but the activities of a certain serial objector indirectly caused them to change their minds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Doh.. I thought it was going to be a Great Outdoors type place.. Ah well.. nearly.. At least we've blaas.

Well it will be a lot bigger, they'll probably have more stock, I'm just speculating though.

JPA wrote: »
    Well it will be a lot bigger, they'll probably have more stock, I'm just speculating though.

The dont really tend to have the branded stuff though like North Face, Berghaus etc.

Hijacking the thread here... 'pologies mods.

Advertisement