Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

part time maths degree, dit kevin street

Options
  • 02-09-2009 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

just wondering any1 done this course, entering at stage 2, which is then 2 years, every mon and wed nite.....
    anyway my maths wasn't great in school/college but really wanna go ahead and do it then do the hdip so i can teach it.....
    is it do-able with alot of study or would u recommend not doing it if u didnt do well before.... surely 3 hrs mon and wed isnt all that bad?????
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Doing a part-time course myself and it can wreck your head after work having to go and do more work. If you weren't good at maths was it because you genuinely couldn't wrap your head around it or was it because you were just a lazy teenager like most of us?

If it's the latter then you'll be fine. Keep in mind it's not a 6 hour week. You'll have to put in a fair amount of time in at home to do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mickof

cant remember to be honest, prob a bit of both. its basically a maths course so u can then teach it but from what i was told before its way more then LC maths, why i dont know cos thats all u would be doing with it? 6 hrs at college an prob 10 at home.... the thoughts of it

Advertisement