Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo Stuff for Sale/Swap/Loan

• 02-09-2009 10:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Mods, can we create a sticky for selling/loaning/swaping photo equipment as they have done on the golf forum, if there is interest of course...?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055471100 (Using adverts.ie)

Seems to work well there. And if anything photographers are bigger gear junkies than golfers (unfortunately for me I'm both)

Willy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I think its been discused already. its a great idea but Im not sure if it would work
    And also, the last thing we need is another Sticky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭mick-skyline

erm isnt that what adverts is for???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

erm isnt that what adverts is for???

I agree. I can see why Golf might want one to filter out the golf items from the sports section. But there is a section dedicated to photgraphy already so I think a thread is unnecessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I think best left to adverts, if anyone requires a lend they can ask and often they are supplied, I have been offered lends and gladly accepted one recently when only asking for details on rental. Most people here are happy to lend within the boards photography community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

adverts is nice and all, but Id never go there looking for a loan of anything.
    And even if I was I doubt I'd know as much about the people there.

I like the idea. Would allow me to try before I buy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Ah maybe a "Swap or Loan" thread might work, leaving out that for-sale side...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

As has already been pointed out adverts can be used for buying/selling/giving away for free. I'm sure the shiny new advert photog mod mrmac wouldn't be happy.

As for loaning I treat my gear as if it was a small child and therefore I break out in a cold sweet with even the thought of not getting it back in the condition I give. (I've had too many bad experience with not getting stuff back in the past).

But as has happened in the past people have requested the loan of a lens in this forum, I'm not sure if they got the lens they were looking for, maybe the ended up renting it.

Advertisement