Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trouble replacing belt on Hotpoint Wash machine

• 02-09-2009 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi
    our washing machine stopped working on Monday
    i took off the top and had a look and discovered that the belt had snapped.

i got a replacement belt today
    having a lot of difficult getting to fit on the machine.:mad:

the guy in the Shop did say that they can be quite tight to get on has anyone got any tips or advice :confused:

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Yes from my memory you need to loosen the motor. There should be a track to slide the motor up and down.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭cazze

Thanks for the response Joey the lips

I got it after a big struggle :rolleyes:
    tried lossening the motor but it didnt make any difference !

i just persisted with a pipe grips levering the belt and eventually i got it on the motor wheel !

Unfortunately it didnt solve the problem :mad:
    the machine still wont spin.

more googling needs to be done:pac:
    any ideas :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Sounds like the drum is stuck and that was the cause of the belt snapping. Can you spin the drum with your hand. I had a sock stuck in mine and the drum would spin,but then randomly come to an abrupt jarring stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭cazze

No the drum will spin with my hand,

did a bit a googling and think it could be the carbon brushes
    I am going to open it up again and have a look at them

thanks for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

no problem. Good luck with it. I wouldn't say that the brushes going, and the belt snapping are related. Could just have been your unlucky day! :). Perhaps when the belt snapped the motor over ran because there was no resistance.... just a thought.

• Advertisement
Advertisement