Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Bus route for 39!!!!!

• 02-09-2009 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭

Does anybody know if the 39 route has been updated, as this morning going from Blanchardstown to City Centre, the bus went north bound on M50, up the Finglas exit, and back Southbound to Blanch exit before commencing on to Navan Road, or maybe the bus driver was bit bored, or more likely he hadnt a clue what he was up, and these guys will be on strike sooner rather than later going on about how they aint paid enough.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

The 39 has to be the longest bluddie bus route in the whole of Dublin.

Why cant Dublin Bus extend the 37 bus route to say, clonsilla and this would eliviate some of the conjestion around D15.

The 37 bus has to have one of the shortest routes in the whole of Dublin.

The 39 bus route has gotten longer and longer over the years, while the 37 has stayed more or less the same.:confused:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭meanmachine3

Rafa1977 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the 39 route has been updated, as this morning going from Blanchardstown to City Centre, the bus went north bound on M50, up the Finglas exit, and back Southbound to Blanch exit before commencing on to Navan Road, or maybe the bus driver was bit bored, or more likely he hadnt a clue what he was up, and these guys will be on strike sooner rather than later going on about how they aint paid enough.:mad:
    yep i heard about that yesterday. i was talking to someone who got that particular bus. what happened is the the driver made a simple mistake.he's a harristown driver who hasn't worked that area in months. normally what used to happen was the 39 would come around by the bell up to the blanch roundabout in the left lane. but all that has changed since the new slip road for the M50 opened. the buses are meant to go out to the right hand lane and around.but as i said he kept in the left lane and by the time he realised his mistake it was too late.he had to keep going onto the M50 then come back from finglas. i heard it's a common mistake with motorists that are not familiar with the new lay out.
    as i said it was just an honest genuine mistake on the drivers behalf.

suey71 wrote: »
    The 39 has to be the longest bluddie bus route in the whole of Dublin.

Why cant Dublin Bus extend the 37 bus route to say, clonsilla and this would eliviate some of the conjestion around D15.

The 37 bus has to have one of the shortest routes in the whole of Dublin.

The 39 bus route has gotten longer and longer over the years, while the 37 has stayed more or less the same.:confused:.
    dublin bus tried to extend the 37 to the shopping centre but were refused permission due to competition laws. i.e. two words. UR BUS.
    but i'll say the 37 will be moved out of where it is sooner or later. just a guess because of another thread in this forumn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Am not to sure what lane he was in, but there is no excuse for it. There is big sign that cleary says M50. As for not being a regular driver on that route he should know where to go, its his job. It didnt bother me to much as I was in time for work, but a lot of other people were not so lucky, and he should have let everybody know after he made the mistake, as a lot of people got seriously pissed with him, instead of making the announcement when the bus was at the Finglas exit.

firstly if it didn't bother you why post.
    secondly your hearing first hand that the driver made a genuine mistake and your still not happy.
    thirdly from what i heard the passengers enjoyed their little tour ,again from a reliable source first hand.
    AHHH<SNIP>. there are signs everywhere for different things and people still make mistakes and miss their turn offs. what the driver did by going on the M50 was avoid a potential accident. most other drivers would've just pulled across other traffic and given the two fingers. he did what he was trained to do. he made a mistake and rectifed it by turning the bus at a safe place i.e. finglas.so your saying you would've been happy with the driver cutting up motorists illegally?.
    and also you mean to say you've never once made a mistake rafa?.
    not all drivers know where they're going. jasus you'd swear we were taxi drivers ( and even some of them dont know one side of the city from another). i often get asked which bus goes where and T.B.H. alot of the time i dont have a clue.
    some drivers make announcements ,some dont. maybe making an annoucement was the last thing on his mind,the first being to get back on route.
    i'm not going to get into a tit for tat here. you asked a question in your first post i answered saying it was a genuine mistake. and your still not happy.
    well then i suggest you get on to either head office or the garage in question and make a formal complaint and while your at it could you make a request that every driver in every garage gets trained on every route in the city please.

• Advertisement

Firstly meanmachine3, I am entitled to make a post regardless of whether something bothers me or not. Why should I be happy that a bus driver went down a motor way when it is clearly posted, and I was on the bus today, as at the time I wasnt sure if the driver was in the right lane or not, and the bus was in the right lane. Please dont <SNIP> suggest that people enjoyed their little tour, several people were pissed at what happened, and few people were late for work. Am sure the reason why he didnt make an anoouncement was out of embarassment. I did actually make a complaint regarding it. As for having bus drivers trained on every route, well thats the least ye should be doing, after all people like me pay your wages, although I am sure you dont care as ye will be all off on strike again fairly soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Rafa1977 wrote: »
    As for having bus drivers trained on every route, well thats the least ye should be doing, after all people like me pay your wages
    There are almost 180 routes listed on the Dublin Bus web site. It is unrealistic to expect all drivers to know all routes, including road works.

I do agree that drivers should be familiar with the routes that they are assigned to, and maybe even routes they are likely to be assigned to.

If the driver accidentally went into the wrong lane and realised too late, then continuing onto the M50 sounds like the safest option (safer than barging into the correct lane). Obviously it shouldn't happen. It did. You complained and this will hopefully make this driver more careful in the future.

WRT to paying their wages, as bus drivers are PAYE workers, they pay their own wages too :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I am still waiting for an answer back as to why the 39 bus on Thursday evening didn't terminate at hawkins street and did so half way up O'Connell street...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Rafa1977 and meanmachine3 please remember to keep it civil.

Apologies to anyone I offended, especially any hard working Dublin bus employees.

• Advertisement

please rafa none of this " i pay your wages" we've already been down this road before or i'll have to set cleo on ya :D.
    also there seems to be a misundertsanding that we go on strike all the time. the last time i was out on strike was in 2000 thats nearly ten years ago. plus how do you know i'm not the 39 driver that made the mistake ;)

Advertisement