Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Peppers recipes

Options
  • 02-09-2009 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Does anyone have some nice stuffed red peppers recipes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-make-stuffed-peppers
    don't know if it helps but i tried this as i use videojug a bit
    very nice
    sorry not a good cook like to but the vids are a necessity for me:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

Cook some rice, mix in finely chopped fresh tomatoes, basil and onion (and garlic if you want) and some soft cheese (like philadelphia). This makes a lovely stuffing. I normally par boil the peppers first, then stuff and put in oven...prevents them from drying out.

Also nice--par boil pepper halves, put small knob of butter, mushroom, and a cherry tomatoe into each half and then put in oven. I don't like this one as much but it's very fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Cook some rice, mix in finely chopped fresh tomatoes, basil and onion (and garlic if you want) and some soft cheese (like philadelphia). This makes a lovely stuffing. I normally par boil the peppers first, then stuff and put in oven...prevents them from drying out.

Also nice--par boil pepper halves, put small knob of butter, mushroom, and a cherry tomatoe into each half and then put in oven. I don't like this one as much but it's very fresh.

I tried your recipe tonight, I added chopped prawns and diced peppers. They were delicious!!!!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭BrigR

Superficies recipe sounds nice, must try it soon.
    My standard recipe: Mix mince with cooked rice and chopped onions, add salt and pepper, chopped parsley optional- or whatever herbs you fancy. Stuff the parboiled peppers, put them in an ovenproof dish, add toamtoe sauce and roast in a covered dish for approx. an hour or until the mince is well cooked and the peppers are soft and beginning to brown. Freezes well, btw.
    My Greek friend does a variation: She fries the mince with onions, spices and tomatoe, adds some rice and stuffs the parboiled peppers. She then only adds a little water to the roasting dish and uses the cooking juices as a sauce, as the water absorbs all the flavours of the peppers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 apricotnelli

Try a couscous stuffing for a change. There is one on this blog for courgettes www.homeorganics.wordpress.com but you could do the same idea for peppers maybe substitute the roasted pepper with grilled courgette

I also sometimes stuff them with minced meat..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Ingredients

½ l tomato sauce, preferably not with basil

1-2 green peppers per person

300g beef mince

300g rice (parboiled long grain)

1 big onion diced

1 cube chicken stock

salt, pepper, paprika, mustard powder to taste

Method

Fry rice in some butter, add diced onion and water and chicken stock cube. Simmer till rice is cooked and drain.

Fry mince and add seasoning to taste. Mix in the rice.

Wash peppers, remove the stalk and seeds, making sure not to cut too large an opening gin the top of the peppers. Wash out the peppers and stuff with the rice and mince mixture.

Place the stuffed peppers in the tomato sauce in a saucepan and cook for 30 minutes, occasionally moving the peppers about so that they do not burn at the base.

Advertisement