Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good man boots

• 03-09-2009 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering where I could pick up a very reasonably priced pair of boots that would be good for the snow and ice and cold. Heading back to Berlin and Scandinavia for the Winter months so I need to be adequately protected!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I always liked Cat Boots, see here.

Decent price too, see other types on Branch 309 site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

connundrum wrote: »
    I always liked Cat Boots, see here.

Decent price too, see other types on Branch 309 site.

Don't like them at all...they look practical but not big in to the style. I'd like something that looks a bit like this, but maybe with a zip on the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Head to any of the outdoor activity shops and talk with the staff about good winter hiking boots. Get something designed for the job rather then something designed to look like a fashionable work/hiking boot. You'll probably find the boots cheaper in Germany but remember that hiking boots need to be broken in by wearing them for short periods of time over a week or two and letting then shape to your foot.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement