Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ufo's seen in dublin again ?

Options
  • 03-09-2009 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

i just heard that there was a hundred people or more ringing into a dublin radio station tonight saying they were all seeing a bright glowing large light over certain parts of dublin. an unidentified flying object ? anyone seen it ? let me know what you think it was...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I was in the area and seen nothing. Senstationalist radio shows ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

Area? Direction? Time? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Area? Direction? Time? :)

i have no idea i was told about this from a few friends. i couldn't comment on this but i hope someone that did get a real picture or video of it posts it here. no fakes people i seen them all before just post the real thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

I just caught the arse end of the conversation myself. I think they mentioned the sandymount area. People said they had seen green'ish lights. Thats all I heard:confused:

I just caught the arse end of the conversation myself. I think they mentioned the sandymount area. People said they had seen green'ish lights. Thats all I heard:confused:

interesting. well someone must have grabbed a shot of it and i hope it wasn't with a camera phone arrrggg. time will tell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

its above the wicklow mountains - all flights in Dublin airport delayed (apparently) .... theres a thread on it somewhere - cant find it .

PCPhoto wrote: »
    its above the wicklow mountains - all flights in Dublin airport delayed (apparently) .... theres a thread on it somewhere - cant find it .

let me know if you do find it cheers

i find this one interesting as so many people seen it and said it was a strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

It was talked about on FM104. People rang in about it. They got so many txts and calls on people ringing in that they had to say on air no more calls as it was jamming their phone lines! Folks could see these lights from Drogheda. Apparently they originated over the Dublin Mts. They were described as 4 lights rotating just under the cloud cover and that the light was very stong with a green blue colour. Even the 2 lads doing the show on air seen the lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 autocharge

apparently there was no beem of light coming from the ground,so it does'nt sound like a spotlight of some sort could of caused it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

autocharge wrote: »
    apparently there was no beem of light coming from the ground,so it does'nt sound like a spotlight of some sort could of caused it

probably just a flying car ...like in that movie .... spaceballs !!!

Corkbah wrote: »

thanks

well thats the one problem with such sightings at night with just lights. but unless they moved in an unusual way and speed then it could be anything. no solid structure as you would or should see in the daylight. well we'll soon find out what it was. i didn't realise so many people even bothered to look at the sky anymore well there ye go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ohedou

yep its true wake up at about 5.00 the dudes are flying about sandymount but they'll never fly as good as aerlingus or ryanair, peace out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Time for the obligatory comment-
    It was chinese lanterns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 robbie360

i seen some lights in the sky and i heard on the news that there were green lights on the runway in the airport but i dont know what to believe:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

robbie360 wrote: »
    i seen some lights in the sky and i heard on the news that there were green lights on the runway in the airport but i dont know what to believe:confused:
    On what news broadcast did you hear this and what exactly did they say, also what did you see?

Most aircraft will have a green light anyway! Also you do know that there are numerous different coloured lights airside in any airport around the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

come to cork you will see the freaking things , they have a pattern to their movement that no chinese lanterns have..

Can anyone record these lights with a camera on a tripod to keep it steady and post it here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

zenno wrote: »
    i just heard that there was a hundred people or more ringing into a dublin radio station tonight saying they were all seeing a bright glowing large light over certain parts of dublin. an unidentified flying object ? anyone seen it ? let me know what you think it was...

Sounds like over active imaginations w/ a dash of patrolling or some other light shining from a not so distant area!!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Reeni

I saw something like this in Donaghmede on Friday night at around half 7pm. it looked too big (or maybe low to the ground?) to be a plane and it was a bright orangy yellow glow. I assume its just a chinese lantern though I haven't seen one before. It seemed to grow dim after about 2 mins then was just gone.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Reeni wrote: »
    I saw something like this in Donaghmede on Friday night at around half 7pm. it looked too big (or maybe low to the ground?) to be a plane and it was a bright orangy yellow glow. I assume its just a chinese lantern though I haven't seen one before. It seemed to grow dim after about 2 mins then was just gone.

Sounds about right, Chinese Lanterns usually get dim right before they burn out completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭MrDarcy

Have just seen a large object over Lucan, looked like something on fire, moving slowly and descending. Anyone else see this???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

MrDarcy wrote: »
    Have just seen a large object over Lucan, looked like something on fire, moving slowly and descending. Anyone else see this???

Chinese Lantern?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭MrDarcy

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Chinese Lantern?

Looked WAY too big, also flames were visible, I've seen Chinese lantern's before, much smaller than this. Unless the mantle of the lantern itself caught fire and the whole thing was in flames...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Chinese Lantern?

you must have some eye sight to see a chinese lantern over lucan from south tipp...god bless your eyes ,boy

charlemont wrote: »
    you must have some eye sight to see a chinese lantern over lucan from south tipp...god bless your eyes ,boy

Thanks! :P

No I was only throwing out ideas to what it might have been!

Firework!? It is that time of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 2c

Reeni wrote: »

I saw this last night over Rathmines @9.30 coming at some speed from the west, it seemed quite high, at first i thought it was a plane on fire as it seem to be a orange fiery ball. It was as bright as when the international space flies over, it stopped and hovered over the east for about five mins, then went south growing dimmer, it then came back from that direction twice doing slow circles over the south east of the city, then there was a flash and it was gone.

I took a pic with a hi res camera (21.mp), it still only a glowing red ball, looking very much like a chinese lantern when you right zoom in on the digital file, but it wasn't. Lanterns don't fly around in different directions/speeds for 20 mins, disappear reappear...

Advertisement