Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought a tomtom off ebay, think I was swindled

Options
  • 03-09-2009 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭

I ordered a TomTom One XL V2 with western europe maps from ebay. What I got appears to be a TomTom XL, not a One XL which I believe has an SD slot, this one doesn't. The box also states that it's an XL with GB and Ireland maps, but I guess who cares about the box.

What's more suspicious is that the bluetooth doesn't appear to work (immediate error). The One XL is supposed to have bluetooth, but the XL isn't. And when I attempt to operate the tomtom through the computer (through tomtom home), it prompts me to select my a map (western europe or the canary islands). If I select either, it tells me "you cannot use this map on this device". Is it a hacked device...? Should I send it back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Be absolutely sure that the product you received is not what you ordered.

Check your account-MyEbay for a recent notification regarding returning goods to be sure you're not out of pocket re postage when returning goods.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It certinly seems at the very least the Maps are copies.
    Back up & delete the maps from your device.
    Connect to TomTom Home & register an account.
    See if it offers an maps to download for that device.
    The Information tab in the menu on the device will give you all the information you need on your unit.

Advertisement