Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

Options
  • 03-09-2009 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm using a Compaq Presario F500. I'm having problems with my wireless connection. It was working fine for the last few weeks but then it just stopped working, it couldn't find a network. I troubleshooted a bit and was told I had to install the drivers to my laptop. i left it for the night and when i turned it on the next day it was working again. This has happened a few times now it will stop working and then randomly start working again a day or 2 later without me doing anything. Anybody any ideas why this happens?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Its very difficult to cure these problems remotely.
    Another wireless network in the area can affect it as can video senders. even a neighbours video sender can affect your connection.

Its unlikely to be a driver problem.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Are there any other wireless networks around you or any other wireless devices in the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Carol_1985

dub45 wrote: »
    Are there any other wireless networks around you or any other wireless devices in the house?

No there aren't. I definitely think its something wrong with the laptop itself. Mu sister never has a problem with her wireless and is using the same network. I'm also having the same problem when connecting to a network in college. Thanks for the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Ok. Uninstall the drivers and reinstall. Get it to search for updated drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭djh2009

Carol_1985 wrote: »
    No there aren't. I definitely think its something wrong with the laptop itself. Mu sister never has a problem with her wireless and is using the same network. I'm also having the same problem when connecting to a network in college. Thanks for the replies.
    Sorry to say but I think you have the same problem that I had. Same Presario F500, 3 months ago wireless went , tonight won't boot up ( m/b shagged ) outside warrany ( including extended warranty )Will never buy anything HP/Compaq again ! Read this and if you're in your second year you may get some help http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=uk&docname=c01480071&dlc=en

• Advertisement
Advertisement