Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Filling in eyebrows

• 03-09-2009 1:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Now before we start i dispise drawn on eyebrows!Buuut i have dark brown(nearly black hair) and quite fair eyebrows, there just kinda sparse or something. Looking for a very natural pencil to fill them in a little, i dont want it to be noticable. Anyone got any products to recommend?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I use the Dior and MAC eyebrow pencils. Dior is a normal sized pencil and good for an overall colour. The MAC is very fine and better for precision, drawing individual hairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I use a Rimmel one for my blonde eyebrows. I normally use high-end ones but I found this to be better than Mac, etc. It's called 002 Hazel and it's really natural.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

I use Stila eyebrow powder. It's very natural looking and I apply it with a very thin brush. It somes in three different shades: light, medium and dark. Each of those shades has two different colours in the one pot so you can go as light or dark as you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Although my brows are darker than yours I have a similar problem - they look sparse in places.

I find pencils very unatural so I use a brow powder instead.

I use one I get from the lady who threads my brows - Neelu in Arnotts in Dublin. Think the product is called "Brow Power" or something. May only be available from her though. It's fab though - very natural looking and comes in a brunette and a blonde range as far as I know.

Either way, I would recommend using a brow powder rather than a pencil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

It is much better to use a brow powder than a pencil they are easier to blend and look more natural than the pencil.
    You dont have to buy a specific eyebrow powder any matte eyeshadow will do the same. Apply with a angle brush and then comb through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

I have a similar problem, so I use 'Colorsport' dark brown eyebrown dye every few weeks (got in Boots), then fill in the sparse bits with very dark brown eyeshadow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

thank you all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

I use the lancome brow pencil. I think the trick is to keep it very sharp, it looks more natural that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭tungsten

im a probabaly a total skank for sayin this, but i have dark eyebrows and i fill in with a hb pencil - 2b - cheap and cheerful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

tungsten wrote: »
    im a probabaly a total skank for sayin this, but i have dark eyebrows and i fill in with a hb pencil - 2b - cheap and cheerful!!

No Way!

Are they not grey?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Sahrs

i get my eyebrows threaded in shavata in harvey nichols and they do really nice stuff for eyebrows..double ended brow pencils. one is light and the other is dark its really natural. they also have a waxy one aswell for blondes and darker hair which u can mix the colours, its really good cos it dosent slide off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Koushki

tungsten wrote: »

that's hilarious, i admire you for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Hahaha
    Pencil? Thats brilliant!

Talking about eyebrows - I had an eyebrow slanted brush for a few years - bought it in Benefit years ago and never changed it (ahem). About 2 weeks ago, I thought the brush was on its last legs so I went to Boots to try and get something cheapy (benefit one too expensive). I got a slanted eyebrow brush for €11 and normal eyelid powder for around €2 (brown colour - Boots naturals collection). Am not joking, people commented on how well I was looking. One person even commented how fresh I looked and on a seperate occasion another person said she thought I was 25! (she asked me when mybday was and I replied saying am too old to disclose that and she was like shur you are only early 20s!...).

So looking after eyebrows are definitley the way to go. Incidentally I started another thread on undereye concealers there last week. I ended up getting the Clarins one. Honest the difference is amazing.

In the last 2 weeks I have bought:
    -New tweezers (someone yesterday asked me where I get eyebrows done-I replied myself)
    -New slanted eyebrow brush
    -New Powder
    -Concealer

The next thing on my hit list is a good mascara that doesnt crumble if I rub my eyes (have dry eyes so I tend to itch alot).

Advertisement