Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Meteor Bill Pay Plans

• 03-09-2009 1:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

I like the new data add ons, don't like the increase in the call charges on Bill Pay Lite (20c to 30c iirc ?) and think the unlimited calls and texts with 1 GB data for €85 is good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Its also gone up to 30e per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Am I just missing something or is there no new data add-ons for people on Pay as you go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Darz0re

squared wrote: »
    Am I just missing something or is there no new data add-ons for people on Pay as you go?

Like the thread title suggests there were changes made to Bill Pay only. Nothing changed on Pay as You Go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Darz0re wrote: »
    Like the thread title suggests there were changes made to Bill Pay only. Nothing changed on Pay as You Go.
    Yep, didn't even think of that! Its too early for me to be awake!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

hmmm...

i see they have changed their Bill Pay Lite product slightly too...
    50 minutes instead of 60 minutes
    but we get 10 free texts now aswell. hmm.

I assume that we are still on Talk 60 price plan and that we need to actually make the change to the new Bill Pay Lite... I have posted a question on their Forums and will post the link when they OK the question to be posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

I signed up to the bill pay lite 25 about 3 months ago for 200mins plus free meteor to meteor texts and calls. A month later I was informed that I had been upgraded from 200mins inclusive to 300mins. I'm assuming they cant go and change my bill to the €30 one now and must leave me at what I agreed 3 months ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

when you put it like that :) losing 10min/month wasnt bad but losing 100min/month is a lot different.

If you signed a contract you signed a contract... but would have to check it to see if meteor can cancel your product at the end of your contract period (one month) if for example that product is no longer available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

BPL 10
    |before|after
    Price|10|10
    Minutes|60|50
    Inc texts|0|50
    Met calls|5c|10c
    Off net calls|20c|30c
    Off net texts|9c|10c

BPL 2530
    |before|after
    Price|25|30
    Minutes|300|200
    Inc texts|0|200
    Met calls|Free|Free
    Off net calls|20c|30c
    Off net texts|9c|10c

Gets an F I'm afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Depends on the user really. Personally, I would prefer the minutes, but equally there is someone who wants the texts.

Bill Pay Max is excellent though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭ablelocks

data add-ons are quite good, thought they might introduce a 1gb for €10 tarriff as well.

just as well I signed up to bill-pay lite 25 last week - i assume that that can't be changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Max looks pretty good alright. Now they just need a decent selection of phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

In my experience, people go on about how they want the best phones, but in reality, won't pay the premium for them!

The Nokia N97, Samsung Jet and a few more should be arriving this month!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Saw new plan, Like it but will be staying with o2 for a while.
    There is still not anything for unlimited landlines except max plan ( which is expensive for me).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,140 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

That's bent. Spent 6 months waiting for my contract to expire so I could move to bill pay lite, when it finally does they jack up the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

Their Internet addons have been reduced by half price:
    250mb addon is now €4.99
    unlimited Internet is now €14.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

dmn wrote: »
    Their Internet addons have been reduced by half price:
    250mb addon is now €4.99
    unlimited Internet is now €14.99

so they are giving with the one hand and taking with the other...

is their out of bundle data still over 20eu/mb? Makes no sence..if you are with meteor and roam in asia and use data, its only 10.24/mb, yet they charge you double at home??why!!?

4.99/250mb is about rite, 15 for unlimited is also about rite, but there is no option for people(majority of people) who use between 250-750mb/month, this is where 3irl will continue to take customers from meteor with their 1gb for 10 euro..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I wonder can people on the old BPL plan avail of the new cut price data plans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Shinbreaker

I am really thinking of moving to the bill pay lite €30 option, I've always had a bill phone and bills are normally around €60. It seems to me I'll be getting a pretty good deal with the bill pay lite. Can some one tell me how expensive are sim free phone. I have an ok phone at the moment but I have been known to lose them and drop them down the jacks. You are not not entitled to a phone on the lite contract so would I be forking out big money if something happens my phone. I wouldn't be interested in having the most up to date phone, I really just use it for talking and texting and ocassional photo!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

You can just buy upgrade packs for meteor prepay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

I am really thinking of moving to the bill pay lite €30 option, I've always had a bill phone and bills are normally around €60. It seems to me I'll be getting a pretty good deal with the bill pay lite. Can some one tell me how expensive are sim free phone. I have an ok phone at the moment but I have been known to lose them and drop them down the jacks. You are not not entitled to a phone on the lite contract so would I be forking out big money if something happens my phone. I wouldn't be interested in having the most up to date phone, I really just use it for talking and texting and ocassional photo!

Try adverts, you will find lots of good deals there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

I'm sorry the changes aren't suiting everyone but they are fantastic for me & my gf

Old costs: Me

Bill pay lite €10
    Text Add On €7.50
    Data Add On €10

Total Cost €27.50

New Costs: Me

Bill pay lite €10
    No Text Add On (almost all friends are on meteor 50 texts enough)
    Data Add on €5

Total Cost €15

Total Saving €12.50

Old Cost: Girlfriend

Bill Pay Lite €25
    Text Add On €7.50
    Data Add On €10

Total Cost €42.50

New Costs: Girlfriend

Bill Pay Lite €30
    Data Add On €5

Total Cost €35

Total Saving €7.50

It might just be that the packages are ideal for us. 300 minutes was too much for my girlfriend (200 is plenty) and now 200 texts are included there's no need for the text add on. The data add on reduction is sweet as I'll never get near 250mb as long as I'm careful.

Don't plan to make out of bundle calls or texts so i'm delighted with the changes!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

So, I'm currently on Talk 300 + 250mb internet, and in fairness I never use hardly any of my minutes.

I am totally moving to the 25 a month connect option + 250mb internet. Should save a fortune.

Plus, I'm back off to college so I could do with the savings.

Ron DMC wrote: »
    I am totally moving to the 25 a month connect option + 250mb internet. Should save a fortune.
    Would Bill Pay Lite 30 not be a better job for a fiver extra per month?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭cruizer22b

Just posted on anothe thread, Works out great for me to ;>)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

Jonathan wrote: »
    I wonder can people on the old BPL plan avail of the new cut price data plans?

No reason why they shouldn't.

If for some strange reason people on the old plan got charged the old price for data you could just cancel your contract with the 30 day notice period and sign up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

IH77 wrote: »
    No reason why they shouldn't.

If for some strange reason people on the old plan got charged the old price for data you could just cancel your contract with the 30 day notice period and sign up again.

no you cant, if you cancel your contract, the old billpay lite 25plan will no longer be available to you(which in my opinion is faaaar more better value than the new 1).

if i cant avail of the new data prices, i will be canceling alright, to move back to 3irl, as they will be better value for my usage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Jonathan wrote: »
    Would Bill Pay Lite 30 not be a better job for a fiver extra per month?

You could have a point:

NAME|(P/MONTH)|INCLUSIVE ANY NETWORK MINUTES|INCLUSIVE ANY NETWORK TEXTS|METEOR TO METEOR CALLS|METEOR TO METEOR TEXTS|CALLS TO LANDLINES OR OTHER NETWORKS|TEXTS TO OTHER NETWORKS
    Bill pay lite|€30|200|200|Free|Free|30c|10c
    Connect|€25|200|200|25c|10c|25c|10c

The free meteor calls and texts might come in handy, and it is only a fiver more anyway. I guess it's probably worth it because I can opt out whenever I want if I'm broke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

cojomo2 wrote: »
    no you cant, if you cancel your contract, the old billpay lite 25plan will no longer be available to you(which in my opinion is faaaar more better value than the new 1).

Ok, I was thinking about BPL10 which is the one I am currently on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

what happens to people on the old plans, im on talk 60. do i have to change i would rather stay on what im already on....

Advertisement